Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Bigger tires on my stock rims ?

This is a discussion on Bigger tires on my stock rims ? within the Grizzly Tire & Wheel Combos forums, part of the Grizzly Forums category; Im thinking of putting a set 0f 27' swamp lites on my 09 550, i want to use my old rims but im not sure ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Tire & Wheel Combos

Grizzly Tire & Wheel Combos Discuss tire & wheel combos here.

htecfast is on a distinguished road

05-28-2010, 08:12 AM
Bigger tires on my stock rims ?

Im thinking of putting a set 0f 27' swamp lites on my 09 550, i want to use my old rims but im not sure if there going to bead up to the rim and fit properly ??
htecfast is offlineReport Post

blum has a spectacular aura aboutblum has a spectacular aura aboutblum has a spectacular aura about
05-28-2010, 08:43 AM
We have guys running 26x12x12 bighorns on the stock wheels. They have not had a problem.
2500 Warn Winch

08 700 Grizz
27x11x14 Bighorn 2, ITP SS108s
Fix Clutch/700 Weights
EPI Gold Secondary Spring
2.5mm Clutch Shim
2500 Warn Winch
Dyno-jet programmer
K&N Filter
2" BluMtn Lift
BluMtn Exhaust Tip
BluMtn Towring
SilverStar Ultras
Backup Light
PowerMadd/Rox Handguards

Riding in the Great Blue Mtns. Of South Eastern Washington
blum is offlineReport Post

09grizzly550 will become famous soon enough09grizzly550 will become famous soon enough

05-28-2010, 08:52 AM
are the tires for a 12" rim? if they are, they will work. i put 28x12x12 zillas on the stock rims for a while, but wanted them on the ss rims for more stability.
2009 Grizzly 550 w/EPS: Big Gun Eco series, EHS Bullet Box, EHS Airbox Lid, Hanger Mod, HotCams Stage 1, 28x12x12 zillas/SS108's, 26" mudbugs/stock rims, 2.2mm shim mod, pod mod, custom 2" reciever hitch/3000lb rear winch mount, 8-660 clutch weights, led halo lights, Xentec 4300k HID's, yamaha rear cargo box

My Garage-http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/..._view&id=12357
09grizzly550 is offlineReport Post

NCMUDMAN has a reputation beyond reputeNCMUDMAN has a reputation beyond reputeNCMUDMAN has a reputation beyond reputeNCMUDMAN has a reputation beyond reputeNCMUDMAN has a reputation beyond reputeNCMUDMAN has a reputation beyond reputeNCMUDMAN has a reputation beyond reputeNCMUDMAN has a reputation beyond reputeNCMUDMAN has a reputation beyond reputeNCMUDMAN has a reputation beyond reputeNCMUDMAN has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2010, 09:43 AM
As long as it's for a 12" rim, you're good.
ITP SS108s
Hl Tire Sealant
1.5mm shim mod
EPI orange spring
Barkers Dual Exhaust
EHS Racing Intake
EHS fuel programmer
Warn Front Bumper
Moose rear bumper
Fender Bars w/ footpegs
AP Skids
Warn RT2.5
2R Racing pegs, side rails
Rock Sliderzz
Kimpex Fender Flares
Tamarack Front Box
Moose handgaurds
rotopax 4gal fuel pack
NCMUDMAN is offlineReport Post

StupidNewbie is a splendid one to beholdStupidNewbie is a splendid one to beholdStupidNewbie is a splendid one to beholdStupidNewbie is a splendid one to beholdStupidNewbie is a splendid one to beholdStupidNewbie is a splendid one to beholdStupidNewbie is a splendid one to behold

05-31-2010, 11:42 AM
They will fit just fine. However I find the stock rims are weak. I have several gouges around the inside of the rim from rocks/mud getting between the brakes and the rims. Infact I put a rock right through one rim and lost my air pressure. (since its impossible to pop 589s Im finding out). Some SC65 puddy got my home on that day.
07 Red 700 Grizzly. EPI Clutch Kit, Powermad Hand Guards, Heated Grips and Thumb, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, One Off, Dual 2" Intake Snorkels, 2" CVT snorkels, 27" 589s (to be changed). Monkey Axkes Up Front, VDI sitting and waiting. 11:1 on its way, maybe cam
StupidNewbie is offlineReport Post

ArizonaGriz has a spectacular aura aboutArizonaGriz has a spectacular aura about

05-31-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidNewbie View Post
However I find the stock rims are weak. I have several gouges around the inside of the rim from rocks/mud getting between the brakes and the rims.
Quite to the contrary. The wheels hold up very well at least in the rocky environment here in Arizona. ANY wheel will get gouges and none of them are bullet proof.

oldstyle is a glorious beacon of lightoldstyle is a glorious beacon of lightoldstyle is a glorious beacon of lightoldstyle is a glorious beacon of lightoldstyle is a glorious beacon of light

05-31-2010, 03:06 PM
I've had good luck with stock rims and larger tires on my 660.

StupidNewbie is a splendid one to beholdStupidNewbie is a splendid one to beholdStupidNewbie is a splendid one to beholdStupidNewbie is a splendid one to beholdStupidNewbie is a splendid one to beholdStupidNewbie is a splendid one to beholdStupidNewbie is a splendid one to behold

05-31-2010, 04:46 PM
I think the mud riding is harder. Since the rocks get in the mud, then it gets inside the rim, and as the rocks go around, they get stuck, and gouge the rims. I have punched one already. I have a tough time thinking I would punch a SS line, or a motosport alloy line, since they are all guarenteed not to break. Or replace. Id think they are gonna be tougher. Not that they would never break, but id think they are more solid.
07 Red 700 Grizzly. EPI Clutch Kit, Powermad Hand Guards, Heated Grips and Thumb, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, One Off, Dual 2" Intake Snorkels, 2" CVT snorkels, 27" 589s (to be changed). Monkey Axkes Up Front, VDI sitting and waiting. 11:1 on its way, maybe cam
StupidNewbie is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Tire & Wheel Combos

Search tags for this page
biggest tire on stock grizzly 660

can i put bigger tires on my atv

can i put wider tires on my atv rims
does if i get bigger tires on my atv it will fit stock rims
going larger on atv tires
how big of tires will fit stock 660 grizzly wheels

larger tires on atv

pu a wider tire on the front of a yamaha grizzly

putting bigger tires on atv

stock grizzly tires

what happens if i put ballast in my atv tires
what happens with bigger tires on atv
whats biggest size tire can you put on grizzly 550
yamaha grizzly 700 stock tires and rims
yamaha grizzly stock rims
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.