Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

WHAT TIRE AND SIZE

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  AKMuddy 
#1 ·
i want to buy some 26 or 27 inch swamp lites. i like to hit the trails hard and fast, but if my buddys are hittin mud holes i want to be able to hang with them. i also dont want to lose much of my power and wheely time. to keep the tires lite i was thinking of going with 10s all around. i tend to like fast trail ridin more than mud holes. any ideas or setups u guys recomend. I have an 08 grizzly 700. not really interested in having to put in clutch kits or spacers so tires will fit. Can or should you put a clutch kit in for 26 or 27 inch tires? I am trying to get the best of both worlds. any ideas?

#2 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JACKSON @ October 22, 2008, 2:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i want to buy some 26 or 27 inch swamp lites. i like to hit the trails hard and fast, but if my buddys are hittin mud holes i want to be able to hang with them. i also dont want to lose much of my power and wheely time. to keep the tires lite i was thinking of going with 10s all around. i tend to like fast trail ridin more than mud holes. any ideas or setups u guys recommend. I have an 08 grizzly 700. not really interested in having to put in clutch kits or spacers so tires will fit. Can or should you put a clutch kit in for 26 or 27 inch tires? I am trying to get the best of both worlds. any ideas?[/b]
Jackson,

Welcome to Grizzly Central!!!

I have a buddy (Grizzly Central Member "AKSoldier") that runs 27" Swamp lites on his 2008 Grizzly 700 Special Edition. I have been really impressed with the swamp lites. He can go most places in 2wd where others have to engage 4wd. He did say they run larger than their size suggests. He told me the 27s run about 29.5" when inflated. You may want to run 25" or 26" swamps versus the 27"s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.