Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Tire Size

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Hebs 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I was wondering does anyone know what is the max tire size I could run with stock suspension on a 04' 660?

Thanks

#5 ·
With a stock offset, the standard 28" tire will work. (usually tires aren't exact) In extreme conditions there is a possiblity that the 28's will rub occasionally, but normally they will be fine. I had an extreme offset on a set of rims that I traded with someone and my 27" tires rubbed in the rear. Needless to say I sold those rims to a guy that owns a straight axle honda and he says the offset would be perfect for them... (I never saw what it looked like with them on)

#7 ·
I still have the stock wheels on my 660, and have been running Mud Lite 27x10x12s up front, and 27x12x12s out back for about 2200 miles and almost 5 yrs. The rears of course are a non issue what-so-ever. However, up front, at full lock, the sidewall lugs will barely contact the upper a-arm enough to rub the paint off and keep them shiny.

#8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dustnyou @ November 11, 2008, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi All,
I was wondering does anyone know what is the max tire size I could run with stock suspension on a 04' 660?

Thanks[/b]
Are you considering clutch work as well? The reason I ask is there will be considerable power loss with tires over 26" on the Grizzly 660. The Grizzly 660 will greatly benefit from a clutch kit with tires over 26 inches. I think you will physically be ok with tires up to 28 inches (depending on actually measurments...for example, I have a friend with 27" Swamp Lites that measure 29.5" when inflated).

#10 ·
If your putting 14"s on it I would go no bigger then 27"s. I have 27"XTR's on SS108 wheels and they rubbed the back fenders like no other, not that I really care but non the less they did rub pretty good. There were no issues up front.

#12 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dustnyou @ November 19, 2008, 5:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So I take it the 28x11x14 Maxxis Zilla's all the way around wouldn't be a good choice would it?[/b]
That's your call...but I wouldn't do it. I'am pretty sure it won't work out real well for you but hey!...it's your quad, you don't have to listen to anyone else! Just my opinion.

#13 ·
Hey maxthis... do your rear tires stick out past the fenders? What's the offset compaired to stock? Do they make them with the stock offset? The offset was the biggest problem with rub when I stuck those other ITP rims on my 02 griz. My 27" tires were touching without even sitting on it. With stock rims the tires sat under the fenders and therefore didn't come close to touching...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.