Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Air screw Location

This is a discussion on Air screw Location within the Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine Discussion forums, part of the Other Yamaha Forums category; I think I have located the air/fuel screw, but do not want mess with it until I confirm its location. I saw an open screw ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Other Yamaha Forums > Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine Discussion

Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine Discussion Discuss your Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine here.

Rider26 is on a distinguished road
11-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Air screw Location

I think I have located the air/fuel screw, but do not want mess with it until I confirm its location. I saw an open screw on the bottom the carb and tried to turn it counter clockwise and it would not even turn. If someone could show me a picture of it it would be appriciated and also give me a solution on how to get it to turn.
Rider26 is offlineReport Post

El Dee has much to be proud ofEl Dee has much to be proud ofEl Dee has much to be proud ofEl Dee has much to be proud ofEl Dee has much to be proud ofEl Dee has much to be proud ofEl Dee has much to be proud ofEl Dee has much to be proud ofEl Dee has much to be proud of

11-05-2009, 02:06 AM
EVEL AS ALWAYS

The screw is located on the bottom of the carb in front of the fuel bowl. It is covered by a plug from the factory. The plug has to be removed to access the screw. If the carb has been adjusted prior the plug is proabally gone. A mirror will be required to actually see the screw as it is recessed into a cavity. Once you find it litely seat it and back out 3.5 turns and that will be close.
El Dee is offlineReport Post

TGT1 is on a distinguished road
01-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Hey, is that plug brass or rubber or what? Are there any other screws I might get confused about nearby? Is it phillips or flat head?

I'm needing to adjust my mixture on my 450 Kodiak. It backfired on me last weekend after letting off the throttle on a FOT run. Also seems to sputter after revving while the RPMs are returning to idle. I think this means I need to lean things up just a little bit.
TGT1 is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Other Yamaha Forums > Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine Discussion

Search tags for this page

02 big bear 400 fuel air mix

2000 kodiak air / fuel set screw
2004 grizzly idle air mix setting
2004 kodiak 450 carb air adjustments
2004 yamaha big bear 400 air screw adjustment

air fuel screw adjustment on 2003 big bear 400

big bear 250. idle mixture screw

big bear 350 fuel air adjustment

big bear 400 air fuel screw

big bear 400 mixture screw

bruin 250 air fuel mixture screw

fuel/air screw 1998 grizzly

where is the setting screw for rich or lean on a 2001 yamaha wolverine 350
yamaha bib bear 350 fuel air screw setting

yamaha bruin air mixture setting

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.