Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

05 kodiak 450 dirt ingestion and cracked air box

This is a discussion on 05 kodiak 450 dirt ingestion and cracked air box within the Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine Discussion forums, part of the Other Yamaha Forums category; I found a leak on my kodiak and thought it was coming from the rear driveshaft. After later inspection and tracing the leak I found ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Other Yamaha Forums > Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine Discussion

Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine Discussion Discuss your Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine here.

Kodiak45077 is on a distinguished road
11-11-2010, 03:01 PM
05 kodiak 450 dirt ingestion and cracked air box

I found a leak on my kodiak and thought it was coming from the rear driveshaft. After later inspection and tracing the leak I found it was coming from the air box. There is a crack in the box and a good bit of dirt in it. So I'm guessing dirt ingestion? If anyone knows How to fix it any help would be appreciated.
Kodiak45077 is offlineReport Post

4welynn is a splendid one to behold4welynn is a splendid one to behold4welynn is a splendid one to behold4welynn is a splendid one to behold4welynn is a splendid one to behold4welynn is a splendid one to behold4welynn is a splendid one to behold

11-11-2010, 03:57 PM
What kind of leak? Oil? I believe there might be a drain in the bottom of the box. I would have to look at mine when I get home. If it is oil, you either have the air filter with too much oil on it, or your carb is spitting out gas or oil. How does the motor run? There is going to be dirt in the air box mixed with a little oil, the main concern; is the dirt getting into the engine through the carb. Take the filter off and wipe the inside the tube going to the carb with a clean rag, you may have a little residue, but it shouldn't be much.
4welynn is offlineReport Post

Kodiak45077 is on a distinguished road
11-11-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm pretty sure it's oil I found drainage on the driveshaft so I thought it was a seal at first but then noticed the trail coming from the box. The motor runs fine it did backfire once the other day but other than that yea.
Kodiak45077 is offlineReport Post

4welynn is a splendid one to behold4welynn is a splendid one to behold4welynn is a splendid one to behold4welynn is a splendid one to behold4welynn is a splendid one to behold4welynn is a splendid one to behold4welynn is a splendid one to behold

11-15-2010, 12:09 PM
I checked out my air box on the Kodiak last night. There is a drain hole in the bottom, there is also suppose to be a clear tube with a plug in it or it is cripped; on the drain hole, there is some other drains, like in the compartment under the seat with the same clear tube. You might want to plug the hole in the air box in case you go into deep water.
4welynn is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Other Yamaha Forums > Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine Discussion

Search tags for this page
05 kodiak 450 airbox

08 yamaha big bear 450 gas in the air box

450 kodiak backfire airbox
air filter drain compartment for a yamaha wolverine 450
big bear cracked air box
bruin oil in airbox
cracked air box repair
how to snorkle 05 450kodiak air box
kodiac backfire

kodiak 450 air box

kodiak 450 air filter

kodiak drain bear
oil and gas leak into air filter on 2002 kodiac
repair a cracked air box on an atv
wolverine 450 air box
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.