Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Big Bear 400 Carburetor rebuild question.

This is a discussion on Big Bear 400 Carburetor rebuild question. within the Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine Discussion forums, part of the Other Yamaha Forums category; I rebuilt the carb in my dads 01 bigbear last night. The thing had been sitting for a few years and was so full of ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Other Yamaha Forums > Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine Discussion

Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine Discussion Discuss your Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine here.

ryan_289 is on a distinguished road

03-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Big Bear 400 Carburetor rebuild question.

I rebuilt the carb in my dads 01 bigbear last night. The thing had been sitting for a few years and was so full of varnish I didnt notice that the two jets in the bottom of the carb were different sizes until I looked at my new parts. One has a smaller hole than the other. Which one goes where?
ryan_289 is offlineReport Post

03-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Well it will crank right up now. It seems to start cutting out at higher throttle. Also after you give it gas it seems to take a while to come back down to idle. This thing was pretty varnished up but i think I got all of the passages clean.

GrizzedAgain is on a distinguished road

03-21-2011, 03:25 PM
I just made the same mistake a few days ago on my Grizzly and I was getting the the same results. THe Big Bear's carb should be similar to the BSR42 in the Grizzly. It sounds like you've got your main and mid jets mixed up. The one with the largest hole goes in the big emulsion tube and it ends up being the tallest "post" sticking out from the carb body. The next size smaller jet goes in the shorter "post" right next to the main. The pilot jet should be a smaller diameter overall with a very small hole in it. If it starts right up and idle's OK but stumbles badly when you give it throttle, swap the main and mid jets around and see what happens.
GrizzedAgain is offlineReport Post

03-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the tip. I will get those swapped around in the next day or two. I will post my results.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Other Yamaha Forums > Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine Discussion

Search tags for this page

01 yamaha big bear carb troubles

03 big bear carb problems
03 big bear carb rebuild kit

2000 big bear carburetor repair

2000 yamaha big bear 400 carburetor

2000 yamaha big bear carburetor

adjusting carburetor on yamaha big bear 400

carburator tuning on big bear 400 atv

how to adjust the carburetor on a 2000 yamaha big bear

how to remove a yamaha big bear 400 carb

which jet is the main jet on a big bear 400

yamaha big bear 350 backfires#gsc.tab

yamaha big bear 400 carburetor adjustment

yamaha big bear 400 carburetor problems

yamaha big bear 400 main jet
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.