Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Rocks and other trash in my gas tank.

This is a discussion on Rocks and other trash in my gas tank. within the Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine Discussion forums, part of the Other Yamaha Forums category; To start out me and my friend went out riding on one of the hunting clubs before deer season started and we were riding around ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Other Yamaha Forums > Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine Discussion

Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine Discussion Discuss your Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine here.

ZSchofield will become famous soon enoughZSchofield will become famous soon enough

10-30-2012, 12:19 AM
Smile Rocks and other trash in my gas tank.

To start out me and my friend went out riding on one of the hunting clubs before deer season started and we were riding around in a very swallow pond and everything was doing just fine but then when we decided to climb out and ride home for some reason my Big Bear shut off. Well after trying and trying to get it too start I had to be towed 6 miles back to the house. We got in washed them off there was no water in the air box, the spark plug was good and producing spark, but I wasnt getting it to turn over. Finally we check the fuel line and found a bunch of small rocks and other trash in the tank. I filled up all three of the four wheelers from the same gas pump and nothing was wrong with them and they ran fine. I was wondering if the rocks could have come in though the gas cap breather or where from. I have the problem fixed already. Im really just wondering how I could prevent this from happening again.
Wildbore Rad kit
EPI Mudder clutch kit
2MM of shim
And even more to come

SOLD
2012 Yamaha Big Bear 400 IRS
27 Vampires
Snorkel
HMF 125 Jet
ZSchofield is offlineReport Post

pamiller450 has much to be proud ofpamiller450 has much to be proud ofpamiller450 has much to be proud ofpamiller450 has much to be proud ofpamiller450 has much to be proud ofpamiller450 has much to be proud ofpamiller450 has much to be proud ofpamiller450 has much to be proud ofpamiller450 has much to be proud ofpamiller450 has much to be proud of

10-30-2012, 09:21 AM
I had a similar problem with my 450. But the cause was my ex wife left the gas cap off while it sat under tree. She also put a handful of rocks in the tank.

I would bet someone is mad at you and did this on purpose. I ride lots of mud and water. The only way it could get in there any other way is if you fully submerged the bike up to the handlebars over the gas tank vent.
SGCR #2
2007 Grizzly 450
2in extreme lift kit
12x6 NL Venoms
28" Laws
rejetted
hmf utility series exhaust
Purple Spring
10gr weights
500 stall springs
fully snorkeled
1 moose utility axle
wiseco 11:1 piston
webcam cam
hmr stage 3 cdi
Custom port and polish
pamiller450 is offlineReport Post
The Following User Says Thank You to pamiller450 For This Useful Post:
LawnCrafter (10-31-2012)

TheGrizzter is just really niceTheGrizzter is just really niceTheGrizzter is just really niceTheGrizzter is just really nice
10-30-2012, 11:00 AM
thats was my first reaction too: someone was pissed at your or tryign to be funny.

only way rocks get into the tank is if someone puts them there.

-12" ITP SS Wheels wrapped in 26" swamplites

-Warn 2500 Winch
-Tamarack rear box
-Vip-Air windshield/fairing
TheGrizzter is offlineReport Post
DJ

Thanked 1,748 Times in 1,390 Posts
AZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond repute

10-30-2012, 02:02 PM
The answer is the "Pro-fill in tank fuel pre-filter" that prevents foreign material from getting to fuel pumps and fuel lines. Slips into in the filler neck of the tank and can be removed to clean.

Google it.

They have one listed under ATVs for the Kodiak which should be the same as the Big Bear. They are made in Australia but are avail from vendors in the US. I got mine from Quality Cycle Parts.
08 Camo 700EPS, 26" BH OGs on Blk 108's, 1" frnt whl spcrs, Elka Stg 2, RDC 2" lift , Rhino axels, EHS Bullet Box & lid mod w/K&N, Dyna FS, HMF Swamp Exh, Coop45 sheave, greaseless wts, purple spring, Yami US HD frt bumper, Bison Hunter rear bumper, ViperMax 3500 w/syn line, ATVrocks skids & Rock Sliders, Rox risers & Solex tapered quad bars, Roto Pax, PIAA Intense White H4's, Plano 1510 rear box.
AZ08Grizz is online nowReport Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZ08Grizz For This Useful Post:
laabsdan (10-30-2012), ZSchofield (10-31-2012)

ZSchofield will become famous soon enoughZSchofield will become famous soon enough

10-31-2012, 12:17 AM
Im going to have to check out the Pro-fill in tank fuel pre-filter and I'll start checking every time I go to ride and make sure it doesnt happen again thanks for all the feed back
Wildbore Rad kit
EPI Mudder clutch kit
2MM of shim
And even more to come

SOLD
2012 Yamaha Big Bear 400 IRS
27 Vampires
Snorkel
HMF 125 Jet
ZSchofield is offlineReport Post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Other Yamaha Forums > Kodiak/Big Bear/Bruin/Wolverine Discussion

Search tags for this page

2007 yamaha wolverine 450 fuel drain

i got rocks in my gas tank
putting rocks in my gas tank
rock in gas tank
rocks in my four wheelers gas tank
someone put trash in my gastank

trash in my gas tank

trash n my fuel tank

what happens if i have trash in my atv fuel tank

what happens if you put rocks in a gas tank

what happens when there is trash in the four wheeler tank
what would happen if you put rocks into the gas tank
where is the fuel filter on a 2007 450 wolverine
yamaha grizzly 400 drain gas tank
yamaha wolverine, in gas tank
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.