Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

kodiak 400 help

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  daver18qc 
#1 ·
my 00 kodiak 400 will not start have power at the fuses lights work and trans is showing the changes when selecting gears but when i push the start button i have nothing on 1 side of the starter solenoid and if i use a power probe on the blue/white wire it will activate the starter i do not have a diagram so i need an idea of where to look or what to replace.

#7 ·
i have done some tinkering and if I use a power probe to the blue white wire it will start the blue black and the blue white both go to ground when i push the button and the fuse on the starter solenoid has no power to it but i have replaced the fuse

#8 ·
The start button is supposed to send ground to the starter relay, so if you ground the small wire going into the starter relay it should engage the starter.
If your small wire has ground when pushing the button it may be just rust inside the button that gives you a small amount of ground but not enough to engage that relay..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.