Race-Driven Brakes, Chains and Sprockets - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum
Race-Driven.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 10-22-2009, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Race-Driven Brakes, Chains and Sprockets

Just a note for all you back yard mechanics or small shops that the big distributors just don't care about. Race-Driven.com offers dealer discounts to larger volume customers so if you have the garage that does work on your buddies quads let us know and we can set up a program for you. Don't forget Free Shipping entire U.S. on every order big or small.

Thanks

www.race-driven.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Just Add Dirt

This is a good place to buy parts........

2007 EFI EPS Grizzly 700
2009 EFI EPS 550
2007 400ex Honda For Sale
post #3 of 16 Old 11-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Just Add Dirt

This post has been edited as the prior post was removed.

XZ

2007 EFI EPS Grizzly 700
2009 EFI EPS 550
2007 400ex Honda For Sale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 11-02-2009, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

?????
post #5 of 16 Old 03-01-2010, 10:54 PM

I do alot of water and trail riding, and of course MUD. The guys at Race-Driven are great. Not only are they positive, polite, and on time, but the brakes they have are great too. Can Ams are notorious brake eaters, but these are outlasting everybody elses so far.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stoneman For This Useful Post:
AZ08Grizz (02-07-2011), Race-Driven (03-02-2010)
post #6 of 16 Old 03-02-2010, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the compliments!!!! We appreciate your business.
post #7 of 16 Old 03-02-2010, 10:11 AM

Check them out when ever you look for adding to your Grizz. I was in the market for a helmet, and even though they didn't sell them, they chimed in and provided a bunch of valuable info. Thanks for everything you provided. GREAT site sponsor!

2016 Grizzly 700 Special Edition W/EPS - Carbon Metallic
27in Kenda Bearclaw HTR
Ricochet Full Skid Plates w/UMHV
Viper Elite 3000lb Winch w/Amsteel Blue
Totron 12in & 6in LED Light Bars
Yamaha Rear Cargo Box
PowerMadd Guards & Wraps
RotoPax 4 gal Fuel Pack

2009 Rhino 700 Special Edition - Black
27in Sedona Rip Saw on ITP Black SS108 Wheels
Viper Max 4000 w/Amsteel Blue
Ricochet Full Skid Plates, K&N Filter, EZ Steer Power Steering

Totron 12in LED Light Bar & 4 - 3in Cubes
J Strong Roof & Windshield

J Strong Front & Rear Bumpers
J Strong Dual Battery Isolator

2002 Grizzly 660 - SOLD

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population.
The Following User Says Thank You to UpstateNYGrizz For This Useful Post:
Race-Driven (03-03-2010)
post #8 of 16 Old 02-04-2011, 11:49 AM

race driven brakes review

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYGrizz View Post
Check them out when ever you look for adding to your Grizz. I was in the market for a helmet, and even though they didn't sell them, they chimed in and provided a bunch of valuable info. Thanks for everything you provided. GREAT site sponsor!

I purchased some of these for my 550 about four or five months ago. I was running 28inch mudzillas through allot of water and mud. I know the larger tires will wear the breaks out faster but I already need to replace the brakes and I have only ridden about five or six times since they were replaced. I checked the rotors and they are fine so its not the rotors causing the wear.
I do not or have not used another brand of brakes because this is only the second time I have replaced the brakes, but it seems like they have wore out fairly quick. Is this normal?
post #9 of 16 Old 02-05-2011, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Yeah many things can cause a set of brakes to wear out quickly or quicker than normal. If you ride in a ton of mud your brakes are going to wear quicker than if not if you ever have watched a Moto-x race and see a real mud race you will find alot of these guys will smoke a set of brakes in 1 moto (about 10-15 minutes of riding) when mud packs into the calipar it causes the piston to remain closed a little bit and makes it continually rub against the rotor this heats up the pads and causes excessive friction. You may not notice the brakes are sticking but they will and this will be the #1 problem for brakes to wear quickly. The tires definately increase the centrifugal weight and force of the wheels which will require additional stopping power needed but I doubt that would ever make the brakes wear in 5- 6 rides.

I am sure it is a mud issue but we have another set on the way to you in addition to what you purchased and keep us updated. I know everyone rides in different areas and every outing is a bit different so give me a shout when you have used these next set and let me know how things are going.

Thanks again,

Brian @ Race-Driven
The Following User Says Thank You to Race-Driven For This Useful Post:
AZ08Grizz (02-07-2011)
post #10 of 16 Old 02-07-2011, 07:14 AM

I wanted everyone to know what a quality company Race Driven is. I purchased a set of brakes from them about five months ago and they seem to have wore out quicker than I would have liked. Now I know I am hard on my machines but was five months enough time for a severe duty set of brakes.
Well I sent Brian an email at Race Driven and he calls me back with in two days of my email on a Sat. We talked about all of the reasons it could have happened and the possibility of it being a bad set of brakes. He told me he stood behind his product and that wasn't good enough (5 months) of use for him so he told me he would refund the price and send me another set of brakes. I was blown away, because companies don't do this anymore. Not only was he going to refund the money but he also provided free shipping.
I spoke to him for about 10 more min and I purchased another set for my wife's grizzly. What a great guy to do business with. We need more companies that are willing to back their products this way and turn a sticky situation into a good one. I will continue to purchase from him and wanted to pass this along to anyone thinking of buying brakes from Race Driven. Would highly recommend them!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrillman For This Useful Post:
AZ08Grizz (02-07-2011), Race-Driven (02-08-2011)
post #11 of 16 Old 02-08-2011, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Thanks alot for your comments it was nice talking with you. With a wearing item like brake pads especially under the abuse they come into it is hard to put a life expectancy on the product. 5 months of use could be a life time for a number of sets of brakes for some riders and it may be a fraction of the life for others it really depends on the conditions you are riding in. There were many factors that could have gone into these wearing out including the possibility of a bad set, whatever it was as stated we stand behind our products and with the track record of our brake pads out there this would be the first set we have had to do this with.

Thanks again,

Brian @ Race-Driven
AZ08Grizz (02-08-2011)
post #12 of 16 Old 02-08-2011, 01:34 PM

Thanks again Brian. I will continue to buy from you because of the way you do business. I have never spoke to a company before about a product they sell. But everything I have been told by people who have, seem to have horror stories about company's that take their money and don't care what happens after that point. There are some good companies out there but I can't speak first hand about any of them. But I can speak about Race Driven and I hope everyone will give this company a shot a their business. It would be impossible for a company to refund everyone who buys a set of brakes when they expire. Nor should anyone expect that. But I can tell you that Brian cares about the product he sells and how it's reputation is. He doesn't come across as a guy who is all about the Benjamen's, but we all know he has to make profit in order to keep his product on the market.
Nobody else out there can touch his pricing and when you throw that kind of customer service to go along with it, well lets just say that I expect Brian to do very well in the future!
Thanks again Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to jrillman For This Useful Post:
Race-Driven (02-08-2011)
post #13 of 16 Old 02-08-2011, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

JUST ANOTHER NOTE TO EVERYONE OUT THERE WE ARE NOW OFFERING WHEEL BEARINGS AND SEALS FOR MOST MAJOR ATV'S WE HAVE BEARINGS IN STOCK FOR THE GRIZZLY'S AND ALOT OF OTHER MODELS WITH MORE TO COME IN THE NEXT MONTHS. WE ALSO HAVE A NEAR COMPLETE LINE OF CABLES FOR MOST POPULAR ATV'S EVERYTHING FROM BRAKE CABLES, CLUTCH, THROTTLE, ETC FOR MANY MANY MODELS. ALL THIS WILL BE ON OUR WEBSITE IN THE UPCOMING MONTH IF YOU HAVE ANY PRODUCTS YOU NEED AND DO NOT SEE THEM PLEASE EMAIL ME OR CALL AT 906 420 8009

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE ON GRIZZLY CENTRAL THAT GIVES US THERE BUSINESS IT MEANS ALOT!!! AND WE ARE HAPPY TO BE INVOLVED WITH SUCH A GREAT GROUP OF RIDERS!
AZ08Grizz (02-08-2011)
post #14 of 16 Old 06-22-2011, 01:55 PM
CRASH STUNT MEMBER

Thanked 1,796 Times in 1,219 Posts

Just talked to Brian at Race Driven yesterday to order some brake pads for my 700.
Less then 50 buck shipped to you in two days, discounted.
Awesome deal guy's and gal's.
If any one needs Brake pads, this is the place to fill your need without going broke.
They also carry some other great products, so check them out.
Great Customer service and awesome product at a super price.
Thanks Brian (RACE-DRIVEN)for being there all these years and taking good care of us.

GREEN It's your Daddy !!!!
http://photobucket.com/desertdweller
'08-700 FI/EPS
OG/GROC Member #1
Thought of joining the Original Grizzly Roll Over Club? (OG/ GROC)
PM me and I'll tell you whats required to join.
All Grizzly's welcome!
post #15 of 16 Old 09-29-2011, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdweller View Post
Just talked to Brian at Race Driven yesterday to order some brake pads for my 700.
Less then 50 buck shipped to you in two days, discounted.
Awesome deal guy's and gal's.
If any one needs Brake pads, this is the place to fill your need without going broke.
They also carry some other great products, so check them out.
Great Customer service and awesome product at a super price.
Thanks Brian (RACE-DRIVEN)for being there all these years and taking good care of us.
Just bought a set of front brake pads (OEM)from my local dealer for my 700 for $65.00 and he supposedly said he marked them down from $90.00 so ive never bought brake pads before so it sounded like he gave me a great deal on them. Well the next day i was on here and i saw this thread so i clicked on it and saw what everyone is getting them for here and i couldnt believe it....a set of fronts and backs of severe duty sintered brake pads for $44.95,well needless to say i took the pads from my dealer back and returned them and ordered a full set of pads from RACE - DRIVEN tonite...so thanks for the posts everyone it was appreciated.OH and thank you RACE-DRIVEN. I got 1800 miles out of my OEM'S we'll see how these do.

mast75

2011 Blue Grizz 700 W/EPS-- 26x9-12 Kenda Bearclaw Htr's on Front & 26x11-12's on the back, Black ITP SS108 Rims, Tamarack Titan rear bag, OGIO front bag, KFI 3000lb winch, Moose heated grips, Ducks Unlimited handlebar mitts,SilverStar Ultra's,Uni Air Filter,1.5mm shim mod,Schumaker battery tender,Glock 9mm(Gen4), Custom Billet Yamaha Shifter ,Roxspeed/Powermadd HandGuards,Full Set Ricochet Skids,Billet 2R Racing Tip (54") Eagle Front Mount Plow

Last edited by mast75; 09-29-2011 at 01:11 AM. Reason: not done

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Site Sponsor Forums > Race-Driven.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode