Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Any reviews of the new Yamaha Viking yet?

This is a discussion on Any reviews of the new Yamaha Viking yet? within the Rhino Discussion forums, part of the Other Yamaha Forums category; Is it just the same old rhino with a new name or is it upgraded any? I was just wondering as I saw one at ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Other Yamaha Forums > Rhino Discussion

Rhino Discussion Discuss your Rhino here.

dsbunton646 is a splendid one to beholddsbunton646 is a splendid one to beholddsbunton646 is a splendid one to beholddsbunton646 is a splendid one to beholddsbunton646 is a splendid one to beholddsbunton646 is a splendid one to beholddsbunton646 is a splendid one to behold

08-17-2013, 07:45 PM
Any reviews of the new Yamaha Viking yet?

Is it just the same old rhino with a new name or is it upgraded any? I was just wondering as I saw one at the local dealership as I drove by on the interstate.
1.5" Wheel Spacers
RDC 2" Lift
1.7mm Shim
EPI Gold Spring
Custom Audio Tube
Tamarack Lounger Bag (with cooler)
Performance ATV Snorkels
Uni Air Filter
Kimpex Fender Guards w/pegs
ViperMax3500 w/synthetic rope
Wild Boar Rad relocate kit
Battery relocated under seat
Green led accents
12" Cree LED light bar
Rhino axles x4
YACC member #33
dsbunton646 is offlineReport Post

LvDirtJunky has much to be proud ofLvDirtJunky has much to be proud ofLvDirtJunky has much to be proud ofLvDirtJunky has much to be proud ofLvDirtJunky has much to be proud ofLvDirtJunky has much to be proud ofLvDirtJunky has much to be proud ofLvDirtJunky has much to be proud ofLvDirtJunky has much to be proud ofLvDirtJunky has much to be proud of

08-17-2013, 11:27 PM
EHS Air Box Lid UNI Filter
EHS Bullet Box
Big Gun Exhaust
STI Beadlocks
GBC Dirt Tamers
HD Brush Guard
17 " LED bar

04 Grizz 660 Blue

Rox 3.5 risers
High Bend ATV Bars
EHS Air Box Lid
Pro Design Air Filter
Big Gun Exhaust
Dynojet Kit
GBC Dirt Tamers
STI Beadlocks
17" LED Bar

06 Grizz 660 Camo
GBC Dirt Tamers
STI Beadlocks
LvDirtJunky is online nowReport Post

dsbunton646 is a splendid one to beholddsbunton646 is a splendid one to beholddsbunton646 is a splendid one to beholddsbunton646 is a splendid one to beholddsbunton646 is a splendid one to beholddsbunton646 is a splendid one to beholddsbunton646 is a splendid one to behold

08-18-2013, 01:03 PM
They make a good bid for the Viking but I was interested in some real world experience from folks as well.
1.5" Wheel Spacers
RDC 2" Lift
1.7mm Shim
EPI Gold Spring
Custom Audio Tube
Performance ATV Snorkels
Uni Air Filter
Green led accents
12" Cree LED light bar
Rhino axles x4
YACC member #33

Thanked 1,180 Times in 767 Posts
DrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond repute

08-19-2013, 06:32 AM
Looked at one, thing is huge. And "thing" is a good descriptor.

YACC MEMBER # 7

2010 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI EPS
My Sons: 29.5 laws or 27" Bighorns or 27" XTR's, Bunch of stuff.

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI EPS Yamaha skid plates, Yamaha hand guard, Yamaha brush guard, Moose Rear Bumper, Moose fender flares, ATV Nerf Bars, Richochet Floor skids, EPI Clutch Kit, Rigid Duallies, 1mm shim, Moose GPS Finger Grip mount, Garmin GPS, Warn winch, Yamaha Rear Storage Box, Performance Snorkles, 27" Bighorns, SS12 ITP Platinum rims.
DrMud is offlineReport Post

proballer is a splendid one to beholdproballer is a splendid one to beholdproballer is a splendid one to beholdproballer is a splendid one to beholdproballer is a splendid one to beholdproballer is a splendid one to beholdproballer is a splendid one to behold

08-19-2013, 07:18 AM
I'm waiting to see some real world reviews as well. Looking at getting a sxs in the next year and absolutely refuse to jump on the popo bandwagon! Was really lookin at the teryx but can't decide between the 2 or 4 seater so the Viking has my attention with being a true 3 seater because very seldom is it anyone but myself and the ole lady, and being a bigger guy (6'6" and 300pds) the Viking seems very appealing!

SOLD08 Grizzly 700
Green

proballer is online nowReport Post
Ride to Live!

COtoMTgriz has a reputation beyond reputeCOtoMTgriz has a reputation beyond reputeCOtoMTgriz has a reputation beyond reputeCOtoMTgriz has a reputation beyond reputeCOtoMTgriz has a reputation beyond reputeCOtoMTgriz has a reputation beyond reputeCOtoMTgriz has a reputation beyond reputeCOtoMTgriz has a reputation beyond reputeCOtoMTgriz has a reputation beyond reputeCOtoMTgriz has a reputation beyond reputeCOtoMTgriz has a reputation beyond repute

08-19-2013, 08:41 AM
I want a 4 seater! It also has to be Yamaha, so I wait...
COtoMTgriz is online nowReport Post

Madkawi750 is a splendid one to beholdMadkawi750 is a splendid one to beholdMadkawi750 is a splendid one to beholdMadkawi750 is a splendid one to beholdMadkawi750 is a splendid one to beholdMadkawi750 is a splendid one to behold

08-19-2013, 08:41 AM
I don't recommend the Teryx bandwagon either.. Kawi's need belt services quite often and it's a 2-3 hour job to get in there to to the work. I've done mine twice and it's a PiTA.. It was a 50 minute job on my brute but the Teryx is horrible.
The power is kinda nice. But with a few mods you're rhino will be as fast.
My Rex would do 58mph with a VDI CDI. But I would have traded for a Rhino any day. The 58" ( that's a joke.. More like 60") width is a pain.. The 54" rhino is way more narrow feeling.. 4" makes a HUGE difference.
The new yammy's width would be a problem for me

Sent from my highly abused iPhone using Tapatalk
Madkawi750 is offlineReport Post

ktaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond reputektaco has a reputation beyond repute

08-19-2013, 10:58 AM
From my experience with sxs's there would be no other choice but Can-Am for me.

GREEN

UNI air filter
Superwinch Terra 35 with 50' Amsteel
26x9x12 and 26x11x12 Interco Reptiles
Quadrax rear seat
Kimpex rear pegs
Kolpin 4 gal fuel pack
Yamaha factory fairing
Koso heated grips and thumb warmer
ktaco is offlineReport Post

Thanked 1,180 Times in 767 Posts
DrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond reputeDrMud has a reputation beyond repute

08-19-2013, 12:27 PM
I am positive at the moment with my popo RZR S, I could hang with Hammerhead at Hatfield McCoy in it and my water pump seal quit leaking.

YACC MEMBER # 7

2010 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI EPS
My Sons: 29.5 laws or 27" Bighorns or 27" XTR's, Bunch of stuff.

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI EPS Yamaha skid plates, Yamaha hand guard, Yamaha brush guard, Moose Rear Bumper, Moose fender flares, ATV Nerf Bars, Richochet Floor skids, EPI Clutch Kit, Rigid Duallies, 1mm shim, Moose GPS Finger Grip mount, Garmin GPS, Warn winch, Yamaha Rear Storage Box, Performance Snorkles, 27" Bighorns, SS12 ITP Platinum rims.
DrMud is offlineReport Post

bentframekodiak is a splendid one to beholdbentframekodiak is a splendid one to beholdbentframekodiak is a splendid one to beholdbentframekodiak is a splendid one to beholdbentframekodiak is a splendid one to beholdbentframekodiak is a splendid one to beholdbentframekodiak is a splendid one to behold
08-19-2013, 05:57 PM
What about the new honda sxs? They have a really cool 2/4 Seater idea. Check them out and see what you think. I have never been in one to feel the comfort of the suspension or rear seats but maybe honda made a comfy machine.

27in swamplites on 14in SS wheels

1.5" spacers
bentframekodiak is offlineReport Post

08-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by proballer View Post
I'm waiting to see some real world reviews as well. Looking at getting a sxs in the next year and absolutely refuse to jump on the popo bandwagon! Was really lookin at the teryx but can't decide between the 2 or 4 seater so the Viking has my attention with being a true 3 seater because very seldom is it anyone but myself and the ole lady, and being a bigger guy (6'6" and 300pds) the Viking seems very appealing!
I have been looking around a little and reading up on them as well. I have never been a Polaris fan for whatever reason. But I ride with guys who ride them.....and they ride fairly hard without too many issues. I was looking at the razr s and the can am. The commander just seems very expensive in comparison. I like the looks of them but don't know that I can justify the extra cost for it. Didn't you buy one a while back Proballer? How has it been for you? If I ever decide to pull the trigger on one, it will probably be a year or two old (used). I have seen a few 2011 and 2012 models for around 10-12k.
1.5" Wheel Spacers
RDC 2" Lift
1.7mm Shim
EPI Gold Spring
Custom Audio Tube
Performance ATV Snorkels
Uni Air Filter
Green led accents
12" Cree LED light bar
Rhino axles x4
YACC member #33

penngrizz has much to be proud ofpenngrizz has much to be proud ofpenngrizz has much to be proud ofpenngrizz has much to be proud ofpenngrizz has much to be proud ofpenngrizz has much to be proud ofpenngrizz has much to be proud ofpenngrizz has much to be proud of

08-20-2013, 08:37 AM
Stopped to look at the Viking at a local dealer. Its huge but it seems like all the size is mostly up front in the cab. In my opinion not a whole lot of room in the bed. If I was going to get a SxS today I would get a rhino. Yamaha said a new SXS every year for the next 5 years. Next year I bet they will build a sport model. Mostly to compete with the commander or the rzr.

05 450 Kodiak- Green
ITP XL Mudlites
ITP C-Series Type 5 Wheels
Heated hand Grips
Moose A-Arm Guards
Moose Handguards

09 Grizzly 550 EPS-Blue
Sold

You can always count on the Grizz
penngrizz is offlineReport Post

proballer is a splendid one to beholdproballer is a splendid one to beholdproballer is a splendid one to beholdproballer is a splendid one to beholdproballer is a splendid one to beholdproballer is a splendid one to beholdproballer is a splendid one to behold

08-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbunton646 View Post
I have been looking around a little and reading up on them as well. I have never been a Polaris fan for whatever reason. But I ride with guys who ride them.....and they ride fairly hard without too many issues. I was looking at the razr s and the can am. The commander just seems very expensive in comparison. I like the looks of them but don't know that I can justify the extra cost for it. Didn't you buy one a while back Proballer? How has it been for you? If I ever decide to pull the trigger on one, it will probably be a year or two old (used). I have seen a few 2011 and 2012 models for around 10-12k.
We had a commander 1000 for her and she could never get comfortable with it so we got rid of it for the xmr650. I loved it except for the clutch, it straight up sucked! There wasn't anything smooth about the engagement, it jerked anytime you would take off and that was the main reason she wouldn't drive it. As for power you couldn't beat it, comfort wise was much better than the RAZRs I have been in but still rather tight but then again I'm not a little fella either! The price was another big turn off for me as well, but with the maverick being out the used market on commanders is rather reasonable right now

SOLD08 Grizzly 700
Green

08-21-2013, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by proballer View Post
We had a commander 1000 for her and she could never get comfortable with it so we got rid of it for the xmr650. I loved it except for the clutch, it straight up sucked! There wasn't anything smooth about the engagement, it jerked anytime you would take off and that was the main reason she wouldn't drive it. As for power you couldn't beat it, comfort wise was much better than the RAZRs I have been in but still rather tight but then again I'm not a little fella either! The price was another big turn off for me as well, but with the maverick being out the used market on commanders is rather reasonable right now
They looked a little more roomy than the rzr was why I really considered them, (well that and the power). And I'm not a small guy either. I'm 6'2 and depending on the season go from 240 to 260 give or take a few lbs. I've only ridden in one rzr 800 and that was as a passenger for about 5 minutes, so no real experience in them. My wife's step brother bought a Ranger 900 xp with a small lift and that thing is huge. It has 30" mudlite xxl's and no clutch work so it seems sluggish to me, but then again maybe that's just how they are. I like the room and the front bench seat but I'm not sold on the overall look of it.
Guess I will keep riding the Grizzly for now and wait another year to see if Yamaha drops a sport model, unless I find a good deal on something else in the mean time.
On a side not, I read the 2013 commanders have had some improvements on that jerking issue, but not sure its completely cured.
1.5" Wheel Spacers
RDC 2" Lift
1.7mm Shim
EPI Gold Spring
Custom Audio Tube
Performance ATV Snorkels
Uni Air Filter
Green led accents
12" Cree LED light bar
Rhino axles x4
YACC member #33

Last edited by dsbunton646; 08-21-2013 at 07:03 AM..

08-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Awe so you must be related to Cody then?
And I've heard the same thing with the new commanders and the clutch being better and I hope so cause the one we had it was either all or none, there wasn't much easing onto it! From everything I read if you put an aftermarket primary and secondary they were great but who wants to dump another $1200 for a clutch on an already 15k machine just to make it easier to ride?
If I were to buy another can am it would be that maverick, even though I've heard the similar issues with its stock clutch as well. But it looks bad ass, strong as hell and clear any tire I want with the stock suspension!

SOLD08 Grizzly 700
Green

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Other Yamaha Forums > Rhino Discussion

Search tags for this page
2015 yamaha grizzly
lifted yamaha viking

yamaha viking

yamaha viking accessories
yamaha viking consumer reviews
yamaha viking customer reviews

yamaha viking forum

yamaha viking lifted
yamaha viking mods
yamaha viking programmers

yamaha viking review

yamaha viking reviews

yamaha viking reviews forums
yamaha viking sxs reviews
yamaha viking vibration
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.