Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

gas mileage on Rhino?

This is a discussion on gas mileage on Rhino? within the Rhino Discussion forums, part of the Other Yamaha Forums category; just wondering, what is the gas mileage of the 450 Rhino, 660 Rhino and 700 Rhino, all stock?...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Other Yamaha Forums > Rhino Discussion

Rhino Discussion Discuss your Rhino here.

Junk Collector

hondacrusher93 is on a distinguished road
06-27-2008, 02:15 PM
just wondering, what is the gas mileage of the 450 Rhino, 660 Rhino and 700 Rhino, all stock?
hondacrusher93 is offlineReport Post
Hold my beer watch this..

AKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2008, 03:07 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hondacrusher93 @ June 27, 2008, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
just wondering, what is the gas mileage of the 450 Rhino, 660 Rhino and 700 Rhino, all stock?[/b]
I have the 2007 Rhino 660. I have additional weight added from all the aftermarket parts I have added. The only performance mods I have are Uni air filter, ebay tip, and hunterworks tri-fire CDI. It all depends on the type of riding you are doing. I commonly get 90 - 110 miles depending on trail conditions. I'll take the average of those two numbers...100 miles per 8 gallon tank. That comes out to 12.5mpg on average. I ride with other Rhinos and some do a little better and some do a little worse. My mileage does not seem to have changed since I added the filter, exhaust tip, and CDI. I am headed out on a long ride this weekend. I will have myself, my wife, and the boy (13 yo) riding for about 80 miles round trip. I'll let you know how we did on fuel.
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, Hunterworks Tri-Fire Plus CDI, Hunterworks Aluminum top, Uni filter, Ebay exhaust tip, Hunterworks full windshield, 26" Terracross tires on Series 7s, EPI Clutch Kit, 450 roller weights, Hunterworks Machined Sheave

Visit My Garage

Friends don't let friends moderate drunk!
AKMuddy is offlineReport Post

Holla is on a distinguished road

06-28-2008, 01:40 AM
Where you headed too boss
*2R Race Tip
*K&N
Holla is offlineReport Post
Junk Collector

06-28-2008, 10:04 PM
ok AK

AKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond reputeAKMuddy has a reputation beyond repute

06-29-2008, 09:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Holla @ June 27, 2008, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
Where you headed too boss[/b]

I did a family camping/riding trip to Petersville for the weekend. It rained all weekend but we had the Rhino and the 5th wheel so the weather didn't ruin the weekend.
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, Hunterworks Tri-Fire Plus CDI, Hunterworks Aluminum top, Uni filter, Ebay exhaust tip, Hunterworks full windshield, 26" Terracross tires on Series 7s, EPI Clutch Kit, 450 roller weights, Hunterworks Machined Sheave

Visit My Garage

06-29-2008, 10:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hondacrusher93 @ June 27, 2008, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
just wondering, what is the gas mileage of the 450 Rhino, 660 Rhino and 700 Rhino, all stock?[/b]

hondacrusher93,

Well, I took that trip I was telling you about. I will post pictures and video in another thread after I post this to you. The trip we took was up to Petersville, Alaska. This ride follows an old miners route back into the mountains. It is a dirt road but high clearance 4x4 trucks and ATVs are needed to make it back to the end of the trail safely. The ride got cut short because of a deep creek crossing that I didn't feel like trying since I had the wife and son with me. This cut the ride short by a few miles. The total round trip mileage from our camp site to the end of the trail and back was 50 miles. I filled the Rhino tank up to the rim for the ride. Speeds during the ride ranged from 20 - 45mph on average but slowed to 5 - 10mph during the rougher spots. It was raining during the whole ride and we stopped several times to look at various scenic overlooks. The ride lasted for 3.5 hours. I kept a good eye on the fuel since I said I would post results for you. Not too much of the ride was flat. The trail is a series of steady climbs and downhills. Starting altitude was around 850ft mean sea level. The highest point of the ride was an altitude of around 2300ft mean sea level. All this was stated to give you an idea of conditions for mileage purposes. No mud holes or rock climbing happened on this ride. At mile 40 of the ride the fuel meter went to 3/4 on a downhill portion of the road. Shortly after this, the road leveled out. At mile 43, the fuel meter went back to fuel and stayed there until mile 47. At that point, the fuel meter went back to 3/4 and stayed there until I pulled in at the camp site. We did another ride later in the afternoon so I filled the Rhino back up to the rim. I estimated I put around 2 1/2 gallons of fuel in the tank. That put my mileage at an estimated 17 - 20mpg for this trip. That was about the best I have ever seen. Obviously, mileage will decrease with mud or rock crawling. Hope this helps. Look for pictures and video of the ride when I post it.

Visit My Garage

Junk Collector

06-29-2008, 10:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AKMuddy @ June 29, 2008, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
hondacrusher93,

Well, I took that trip I was telling you about. I will post pictures and video in another thread after I post this to you. The trip we took was up to Petersville, Alaska. This ride follows an old miners route back into the mountains. It is a dirt road but high clearance 4x4 trucks and ATVs are needed to make it back to the end of the trail safely. The ride got cut short because of a deep creek crossing that I didn't feel like trying since I had the wife and son with me. This cut the ride short by a few miles. The total round trip mileage from our camp site to the end of the trail and back was 50 miles. I filled the Rhino tank up to the rim for the ride. Speeds during the ride ranged from 20 - 45mph on average but slowed to 5 - 10mph during the rougher spots. It was raining during the whole ride and we stopped several times to look at various scenic overlooks. The ride lasted for 3.5 hours. I kept a good eye on the fuel since I said I would post results for you. Not too much of the ride was flat. The trail is a series of steady climbs and downhills. Starting altitude was around 850ft mean sea level. The highest point of the ride was an altitude of around 2300ft mean sea level. All this was stated to give you an idea of conditions for mileage purposes. No mud holes or rock climbing happened on this ride. At mile 40 of the ride the fuel meter went to 3/4 on a downhill portion of the road. Shortly after this, the road leveled out. At mile 43, the fuel meter went back to fuel and stayed there until mile 47. At that point, the fuel meter went back to 3/4 and stayed there until I pulled in at the camp site. We did another ride later in the afternoon so I filled the Rhino back up to the rim. I estimated I put around 2 1/2 gallons of fuel in the tank. That put my mileage at an estimated 17 - 20mpg for this trip. That was about the best I have ever seen. Obviously, mileage will decrease with mud or rock crawling. Hope this helps. Look for pictures and video of the ride when I post it.[/b]

thanks man, thats a lot better gas mileage then my truck.lol I was mainly wondering because dad went for a ride in a Rhino the other day and fell in love ith it, and wants to get one eventually so I was just wonderign the gas mileage, thanks again and I will look for the thread later

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Other Yamaha Forums > Rhino Discussion

Search tags for this page
2007 rhino 450 gas tank
2007 rhino gas tank
2009 rhino gas mileage
2009 yamaha rhino gas mileage?
660 rihno fuel milage
do yamaha rhinos have a backup starting
improve gas mileage on my rhino
mileage of yamaha rhino
rhino 700 gas mileage
rhino 700 mpg
rhino tank gas mileage
yamaha rhino 700 gas mileage
yamaha rhino fuel mileage

yamaha rhino gas mileage

yamaha rhino mpg

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.