Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

virginia trails

This is a discussion on virginia trails within the Riding Areas & Upcoming Events forums, part of the Lets Go Riding! category; I am from Danville Va. Just looking for more riders and riding areas!...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Lets Go Riding! > Riding Areas & Upcoming Events

Riding Areas & Upcoming Events Discuss riding areas and upcoming events here!

JACKSON is on a distinguished road

12-05-2008, 03:58 PM
I am from Danville Va. Just looking for more riders and riding areas!
JACKSON is offlineReport Post

Leatherneck is on a distinguished road

01-05-2009, 04:37 PM
I am from Eastern NC but my inlaws live just west of you in Hillsville VA. Not sure exactly how far of driving time that is but we always come that way several times a year and there are quite a few places we ride at. I would love to have another Grizz onwer with me to talk smack. You are more than welcome to come riding with us if your interested.
EHS EFI Controller
2R Tip
1.5" Moose Lift
27x12x12 Outlaw MST
ITP SS212
1" spacers x4
Leatherneck is offlineReport Post

jmurbas is on a distinguished road

01-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Hey Leatherneck - I am from Apex, NC. I ride a 05' 660 and a buddy (astainback) has a 08' Grizz 700. He lives in Henderson, NC. We'd love to ride with you sometime, especially if you ride someplace other than Busco. It's a great park but getting old. I am anxious to check out some new places.
jmurbas is offlineReport Post

Dustnyou is on a distinguished road

01-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Hey man I live in Roxboro, NC just down the road from ya really. Me and my buddies usually ride every weekend somewhere or another unless it's raining. Sometimes we have just maybe 5 to 10 atv's other times it's been like 20. I have also been up to Catfish Pond up there is Martinsville a couple times. I know this Sunday we are going to be ridding in the Allensville area here in Roxboro this Sunday. But I dunno if you would wanna come that far.
Dustnyou is offlineReport Post

01-08-2009, 03:09 PM
WE WERE TALKING ABOUT GOING TO A PLACE CALLED FOREST GAMES, SOMEWHERE NEAR MADISON, NC.
ABOUT 30-45 MIN AWAY FROM DANVILLE. WE HAVE NOT MADE IT FINAL THO. KEEP ME POSTED WHEN U
GUYS RIDE BECAUSE ROXBORO IS NOT FAR AT ALL. ALWAYS ENJOY NEW TRAILS.

astainback is a jewel in the roughastainback is a jewel in the roughastainback is a jewel in the roughastainback is a jewel in the rough

01-08-2009, 03:45 PM
I am always game to ride!!

Jackson,
Danville isn't that far. You are on the edge of the mountains too aren't you? Or pretty close..
We should get together and ride!
Since you live north of Greensboro, have you ever been to that ATV park north of the airport there? Or do you know what it is called?
Also, I read that Forest Games closed down. Have they reopened?

Dustnyou,
I have heard that there are some cool places to ride around Roxboro.
Plus.. it is a little "hillier" there than in Henderson.
We need to get a group up and ride and share spots and whatnot. Could be a lot of fun!
I know there is an ATV club in Roxboro. I can't remember the name, but I think it is Piedmont ATV or NC Piedmont ATV... I can't remember.
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700 --- 26" Maxxis Bighorns (Black Letters Out!) --- 12" ITP SS 212 Black --- K&N Filter --- Warn XT25 w/ Winch Stopper --- Rox 5" Handlebar Risers and Rox Grizzly Dash Panel --- Renthal FatBar --- Rox/PowerMadd Handguards and Mounts --- ODI Grips --- Ricochet A-Arm Guards --- Garmin GPSMap60CSX on RAM Mount
astainback is offlineReport Post

01-09-2009, 04:56 AM
Aye is called Piedmont ATV Association. Me and all my friends aren't a part of it but they tried to get us to join when we were in the Christmas Paraide here with 20+ 4-wheelers compaired to there 6 lol.

Like I said we are gonna ride this weekend out in Allensville this Sunday. I'll PM both of you guys my cell so if yall wanna come I can meet you guys in town and we can roll out to where we all meet up. There will be alot of mud

pot to ride that sounds awsome. I'm always looking for new places and people to ride with. I'm always up for a good ride anyday. Oh and yeah that trail that is just up from the VA airport is in Martinsville if that is the one you are talking about. It's called Catfish pond. We went there 3 weeks ago and it's a pretty good ride but we didn't cover half the trails they had there due to us getting there so late and needless to say it was raining so it was a mud fest.

astainback is a jewel in the roughastainback is a jewel in the roughastainback is a jewel in the roughastainback is a jewel in the rough

01-09-2009, 09:19 AM
I was thinking of the place just north of the Greensboro airport. I have heard of catfish pond too, but haven't thought of it in a while.
I can't ride this weekend, but I would like to get your cell and/or personal email address.
I'll PM you and Jackson my information.
jmurbas and I ride together a lot. I really do want to get together and ride!!
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700 --- 26" Maxxis Bighorns (Black Letters Out!) --- 12" ITP SS 212 Black --- K&N Filter --- Warn XT25 w/ Winch Stopper --- Rox 5" Handlebar Risers and Rox Grizzly Dash Panel --- Renthal FatBar --- Rox/PowerMadd Handguards and Mounts --- ODI Grips --- Ricochet A-Arm Guards --- Garmin GPSMap60CSX on RAM Mount

Leatherneck is on a distinguished road

01-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Sounds like we all need to meet up one weekend, preferably a holiday for me because of the drive. After our ride in Hillsville, VA over Christmas, I went to see the other side of the inlaws that live out by the Greensboro airport (Oak Ridge) and my Grizz just sat on the trailer the whole weekend cause I didn't know of any trails in that area. It would be alot of fun to meet up with other Grizz owners, all the guys I ride with are anti yamaha (they are just jealous) but they like to talk smack.
EHS EFI Controller
2R Tip
1.5" Moose Lift
27x12x12 Outlaw MST
ITP SS212
1" spacers x4
Leatherneck is offlineReport Post

01-09-2009, 03:28 PM
THE ONLY PLACE JUST NORTH OF GREENSBORO THAT I NO OF IS ROLLIN HILLS, AND THATS A MOTO CROSS PARK WE USED TO
RACE THERE, HAD SOME ENDURO TRAILS BUT WERE OVERGROWN. I have never been to forest games, one of my friends at work lives about 5 min. from there, he said you had to pay so i asume that they are open. most group rides we take are at catfish pond or in chatham, it just gets old ridin the same trails. I dont think we will ride this weekend nobody is off sat. and the steelers play sunday so thats a nogo for me. more than likly we will get out and ride next weekend. I have been talking to some guys up near grundy, va tryin to get a hookup up there in the mountains. the only other place we go in the mountains is wagon wheel in wv. just pm me your # and i will call and give you mine and we can set some rides up.

01-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Yeah that sounds good to me

01-14-2009, 02:55 PM
we are thinking about going to that place forrest games this saturdayif you guys want to go. I think its a done deal. not to sure of where it is but i think its near madison nc in stokes co. we have about five going. if you guys want to meet up let me know.

06-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKSON View Post
we are thinking about going to that place forrest games this saturdayif you guys want to go. I think its a done deal. not to sure of where it is but i think its near madison nc in stokes co. we have about five going. if you guys want to meet up let me know.
Did you ever get to Forest Games?
I have seen pictures and it looked like a lot of fun.

Patterson will become famous soon enough

06-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Jackson I see that you live in Danville too and ride the chatham trails... WHo all you ride with here? I also live in danville...

06-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Anybody??
Forest Games?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Lets Go Riding! > Riding Areas & Upcoming Events

Search tags for this page
atv trails in martinsville va
atv trails in stokes co nc
atv trails martinsville va
cat fish pond atv trails
catfish pond atv

catfish pond atv martinsville va

catfish pond atv park
catfish pond atv park va
catfish pond atv trails va

catfish pond atv va

catfish pond in virginia for atv

catfish pond martinsville va

catfish pond martinsville va atv

martinsville atv trails

martinsville va atv trails
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.