Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum

We tell it like it is!

Toy Hauler or Travel Trailer?

This is a discussion on Toy Hauler or Travel Trailer? within the Trailers and Toy Haulers forums, part of the Public Forums category; Looking for your guys opinions for which I should get. The toy hauler is cool because it holds everything, but where I go riding you ...

Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Public Forums > Trailers and Toy Haulers

Trailers and Toy Haulers This section is for specific discussions pertaining to any and all Yamaha Grizzly or ATV related trailers. This includes toy haulers, cargo trailers, etc.

Diesel is on a distinguished road

07-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Toy Hauler or Travel Trailer?

Looking for your guys opinions for which I should get. The toy hauler is cool because it holds everything, but where I go riding you can't park the toy hauler. So I was leaning toward getting the travel trailer. I could haul the grizz's in the bed or tow them behind the travel trailer so I could go riding anywhere I wanted to. Any advice?
Diesel is offlineReport Post
DJ

Thanked 1,540 Times in 1,222 Posts
AZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond reputeAZ08Grizz has a reputation beyond repute

07-21-2012, 12:52 PM
??? You could park a travel trailer where you camp but not a toy hauler? Needs a little more explanation.
08 Camo 700EPS, 26" BH OGs on Blk 108's, 1" frnt whl spcrs, Elka Stg 2, RDC 2" lift , EHS Bullet Box & lid mod w/K&N, Dyna FS, HMF Swamp Exh, Coop45 sheave, greaseless wts, purple spring, Yami US HD frt bumper, Bison Hunter rear bumper, ViperMax 3500 w/syn line, ATVrocks skids & Rock Sliders, Rox risers & Solex tapered quad bars, Roto Pax, PIAA Intense White H4's, Plano 1510 rear box.
AZ08Grizz is offlineReport Post

Diesel is on a distinguished road

07-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Their is no campgrounds where I ride or room for campers. Just trucks and atv trailers. So I normally camp at a campground and drive to the trails.
Diesel is offlineReport Post

Bearsixty7 is a jewel in the roughBearsixty7 is a jewel in the roughBearsixty7 is a jewel in the rough

07-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Easy choice, Toy Hauler. It gives you options, you can just use it to camp if you want or you can haul the toys and camp. A travel trailer does not.

We have a 2008 Weekend Warrior FS3000 and it is a great Toy Hauler and just as nice as most of the travel trailers made in the last few years.
It does not have the dedicated garage area like some, it instead can convert the back 20' from hauler area to what would appears to be a regular travel trailer area with 2 queen bunks that lower from the ceiling.

It has 2 - 75 gallon fresh water tanks so hauling enough fresh water in is not a problem if there are no hookups.

It also has an outside shower for rinsing off/showering outside as well as a 10' coiling wash hose for rinshing off machines if needed.

We also have a 20 gallon fuel station so we can haul in all the fuel we need for a long weekend or week stay.

It really is a fully contained get away trailer.

Unfortunately WW went out of business a few years ago but there are other brands out there that will be very similar and you can look for used o rleft over ones that fit your needs..
Yep, that's all of the mod's, they are awesome stock!

Last edited by Bearsixty7; 07-21-2012 at 02:49 PM..
Bearsixty7 is offlineReport Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Bearsixty7 For This Useful Post:
chiefsnell (07-21-2012)
Moab Aficionado

Gusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond repute

07-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Easy choice. Travel trailer. Although a toy hauler is convienent, a travel trailer gives you more options. Too many times I have seen guys in toy haulers have to pack up their toy haulers and leave the campground in order to get their ATV's to the trail. Too much trouble for me to break camp everytime I need to trailer over to a trailhead.

I have a 2006 travel trailer, Keystone Springdale that I camp in and pull a 10 X 8 trailer with 3 ATV's. Tows like a dream and gives me all the flexibility that I need to zip around when I get to camp. There are some states that do not allow double towing but out west where I travel I am good to go.

sent from my KWM-2A at 27.365 MHZ LSB
AZ08Grizz (07-21-2012)

chiefsnell is just really nicechiefsnell is just really nicechiefsnell is just really nicechiefsnell is just really nicechiefsnell is just really nice

07-21-2012, 07:19 PM
I had a weekend warrior, now I have a raptor. This for me is a easy answer, toy hauler. Like mentioned already, 120 gallons of water, 40 gallons of gas, built in generator. No need to pay to stay in a camp ground. Heck of a lot nicer places to camp than a rule filled camp ground!!! And NO TOY HAULERS DON'T SMELL LIKE GAS INSIDE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chiefsnell is offlineReport Post

chiefsnell is just really nicechiefsnell is just really nicechiefsnell is just really nicechiefsnell is just really nicechiefsnell is just really nice

07-21-2012, 07:23 PM

Bearsixty7 is a jewel in the roughBearsixty7 is a jewel in the roughBearsixty7 is a jewel in the rough

07-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusman View Post
Easy choice. Travel trailer. Although a toy hauler is convienent, a travel trailer gives you more options. Too many times I have seen guys in toy haulers have to pack up their toy haulers and leave the campground in order to get their ATV's to the trail. Too much trouble for me to break camp everytime I need to trailer over to a trailhead.

I have a 2006 travel trailer, Keystone Springdale that I camp in and pull a 10 X 8 trailer with 3 ATV's. Tows like a dream and gives me all the flexibility that I need to zip around when I get to camp. There are some states that do not allow double towing but out west where I travel I am good to go.
I would still get a Toy Hauler over the Travel Trailer and do what you are doing with it when legal and had to, pull the 2nd trailer behind the TH. For all the other times, you just load the TH and won't need the 2nd trailer.

I have actually been thinking of how I could use the truck to transport the 3 atv's from camping area to trailhead if we needed to someday like you mention in places that don't allow double trailers.
I know they make the Bedcover that will carry 2 ATV's on top and then I could probably make or modify a receiver mounted rack for the third one that I just carry in the truck bed when towing the TH.
Yep, that's all of the mod's, they are awesome stock!

Last edited by Bearsixty7; 07-21-2012 at 10:21 PM..
Bearsixty7 is offlineReport Post
Moab Aficionado

Gusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond reputeGusman has a reputation beyond repute

07-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsnell View Post
I had a weekend warrior, now I have a raptor. This for me is a easy answer, toy hauler. Like mentioned already, 120 gallons of water, 40 gallons of gas, built in generator. No need to pay to stay in a camp ground. Heck of a lot nicer places to camp than a rule filled camp ground!!! And NO TOY HAULERS DON'T SMELL LIKE GAS INSIDE!!!

110 gallons of water, generator, AC, heater, crapper with showers indoor and out, 2 recliners, complete tool box, and no smell of gas/oil in the living quarters. Over 1/2 of the used toy haulers I looked at smelled of gas and oil. I guess it depends on the model and how you take care of it. Only downside I would posssibly see is I only carry 30 gallons of fuel because I only have 6-5 gallon jugs for fuel.

I prefer boondock camping also. Spent 7 days in Wyoming last fall in a ton of snow during hunting season. Plenty of water, fuel, and heat and a great time was had by all.
Each unit has benefits but for me and my family and friends, hands down it is the travel trailer over the toy hauler.

sent from my KWM-2A at 27.365 MHZ LSB

07-22-2012, 12:12 AM
Not sure why they would smell like gas and oil???? My garage doesnt even smell like gas and oil???? I have never even seen a toy hauler that smelled like gas??? Not say you havent just dont know why??? But still free range campen is top notch!!! Our group of riders, ( 4 campers) im the only one with a toy hauler. If your campin and quadin, can life get any better???? Toy hauler, travel trailer??? Either way your WINNING!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Public Forums > Trailers and Toy Haulers

Search tags for this page
21 yamaha travel trailer

4 season toy hauler travel trailers

atv toy hauler

best toy huler for atv

best toyhauler forum

camo toy hauler

camo toy haulers

camper trailer with boat rack

grizzly travel trailers

how to carry atv and a travel trailer

toy hauler for two quads
toy hauler ranger two quads
travel forum powrred by mybb

travel tailers that u can carry ur 4wheeler

travel trailer that can carry atv
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.