Yamaha to exit ATV in Aust.....Unless - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum
Grizzly Talk Here we talk about our Grizzlys in general.

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 05-04-2019, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Yamaha to exit ATV in Aust.....Unless

Got this e-mail from Yamaha.....i'm just dumbfounded

https://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/disc...8-00155d047248

2017 EPS Grizz
27" Mud hogs
Snorkels
AIS Blocked
3000lbs winch
VDO temp gauge
2x150mm tool pod's
50mm Tow ball
That's all for now

2014 Suzuki LTF300F *sold*
1990 Yamaha 200 Blaster *sold*
1988 Yamaha YFM225 *sold*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 05-05-2019, 05:42 AM

So if i'm reading this right they want more warning stickers for roll over, and now a roll bar be part of your atv.

2016 700 Grizzly SE 26" HTR Bear Claws, dual heat demon warmers, factory aluminum skid plates, Ropak fuel pack, hand guards with mirrors, Coops machined sheave and purple spring, rear seat with storage, rear Yamaha bumper 3000lb warn winch, kimpex gen 2 front bumper, kimpex 7" led lightbar EHS fuel controller .5mm shim exhaust mod Highlifter rear springs
post #3 of 25 Old 05-06-2019, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Yep pretty much that's how i see it too' more fluff n bubbles n cotton wool to wrap us in' i'm so over all this "we're here to protect everyone attitude" I wish the Govt would just stay outta our lives

And I'll bet my bottom $ that this would include Can Am Suzuki Honda ect but have yet to here anything from their side as yet.

In saying that i can see this increasing the price of a quad bike substantially in Aust, with the R n D & engineering going into to develope a "special" market down under for these new designer bikes, don't get me wrong i'm all for safety and everything but the rider also needs to take responsibllity for their own actions and Govt bodies need to stop drowning us under more n more legislation....and cotton wool.

The next 12 to 24 months are going to be interesting to say the least.
Bearsixty7 likes this.

2017 EPS Grizz
27" Mud hogs
Snorkels
AIS Blocked
3000lbs winch
VDO temp gauge
2x150mm tool pod's
50mm Tow ball
That's all for now

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 05-06-2019, 11:10 AM

Garage
Honda has released the same notification that they will pull out of Australia passes those laws.

Section 15 of the proposed legislation:

15 -General use quad bikes–operator protection devices
A general use quad bike must have one of the following devices fitted, or integrated into its design:
(a)an ATV Lifeguard, in the model manufactured by Ag-Tech Industries Ltd. (New Zealand) and available for supply when this instrument commences;
(b)a Quadbar, in the model manufactured by QB Industries PtyLtd. and available for supply when this instrument commences;
(c)a device of a type that offers the same, or better, level of protection for operators from the risk of serious injury, or death, as a result of being crushed or pinned in the event of a rollover, as is offered by a device of a type mentioned in paragraph(a) or (b).

The ATV Lifeguard:

The QuadBar:

2018 Grizzly 700 EPS SE
Elka Stage 4 Shocks
26.5" Pit Bill Growler Uber XOR on STI HD7 14x7 Wheels
EPI Purple Spring & Coop Machined Sheave + 0.75mm shim
EHS Fuel Injection Tuner & Airbox Mod
SuperWinch Terra 35

2018 Kodiak 700 EPS
26" Interco Radial Reptiles on '18 Grizzly SE wheels

Last edited by SavageGrizzly; 05-06-2019 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Tried to fix links
post #5 of 25 Old 05-06-2019, 11:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggaDave View Post
Got this e-mail from Yamaha.....i'm just dumbfounded

https://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/disc...8-00155d047248
In every part of the world. The thumb sucking, lace panty wearing effeminate so called males of the human species and the afraid of everything women, living in their perfect little subdivision, are completely brainwashed by the half wit communist media, that are in turn brainwashed by the slime ball politicians. The "men" don't know how to do anything. They would'nt know how to loosen a nut if they even owned a wrench. They can't fix anything. They don't know anything about anything. Maybe they know how to program their phone. Wow, awesome.
They all keep voting in these lying, low life bags of excrement to make their little, boring lives even more "safe". The human species is doomed. The only thing these fools know is what some twit with nice hair and nice teeth reads to them on the evening news, which more and more has nothing to do with truth or reality. I used to think I'd like to come to Australia someday, but with the extreme left wing communist's controlling the place, I guess I will pass. Sorry Digga, would have liked to meet up someday.

2008 Grizzly 700 EFI EPS, Green
26x11x12 Kenda Bear Claw HTR's
12x7 ITP SS212's
Maier Over Fenders with Polished Stainless Screws
Warn 2500# winch, Synthetic Wire Rope
Tamarack Classic Front Box
Kolpin Rhino Grips
Moose PowerMadd windshield
RAM Mount Garmin GPS
Kimpex Fender Guards/footrests
Kimpex Outback rear box/lounger with custom stainless latches
Moose 2" hitch
High Lifter rear springs
Battery Tender Jr.
Mictuning Voltmeter
2009 Oil Cooled Crankcase cover
RM Heavy Duty Stator
1.5 mm shim mod
Epi Purple spring
Amsoil 0-40 full synthetic oil
Gold Plugs
Uni Air Filter
Rear View Mirror
KFI Winch Stopper
LED Headlight Bulbs
post #6 of 25 Old 05-06-2019, 03:33 PM

People that work for the state are always too confident in their ignorance and government solutions are almost universally worse than the problem.

A close friend of mine, who now works in the Parliament of Victoria in Melbourne, was telling me how dangerous semi-autos were and that no one should have them. I let her know that on her last trip to Canada every single round she fired was out of a SA. “Oh, hmmm...well I guess they’re not that bad then”
DiggaDave likes this.

YACC #42
2007 Grizzly 700 EPS Camo
- 28" Zillas on 14" SS212s or 26" Mudlite XTRs on stockers 1.5" spacers - SuperATV Rhino front axles - Superwinch Terra 35 on sliced/welded plate - Iron Baltic HDPE skid plates - 5" Fly Racing riser - Wirtz CR high bend - mccdan machined sheave 0.6mm shim 3.05:1, 19.5g weights EPI Purple spring - Arctic Cat Footpegs - Kimpex Outback 2up - Yamaha HD Bumper
post #7 of 25 Old 05-06-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageGrizzly View Post

The ATV Lifeguard:
I started watching the first Lifeguard video and I assumed it was a parody video. Turns out they're serious.

LOL. Too funny.

Stupid government.

2017 Grizzly EPS - the fastest color
post #8 of 25 Old 05-06-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainehunter View Post
In every part of the world. The thumb sucking, lace panty wearing effeminate so called males of the human species and the afraid of everything women, living in their perfect little subdivision, are completely brainwashed by the half wit communist media, that are in turn brainwashed by the slime ball politicians. The "men" don't know how to do anything. They would'nt know how to loosen a nut if they even owned a wrench. They can't fix anything. They don't know anything about anything. Maybe they know how to program their phone. Wow, awesome.
They all keep voting in these lying, low life bags of excrement to make their little, boring lives even more "safe". The human species is doomed. The only thing these fools know is what some twit with nice hair and nice teeth reads to them on the evening news, which more and more has nothing to do with truth or reality. I used to think I'd like to come to Australia someday, but with the extreme left wing communist's controlling the place, I guess I will pass. Sorry Digga, would have liked to meet up someday.
You have described the American Liberal Utopia perfectly.

rick25s likes this.

2017 Grizzly EPS - the fastest color
post #9 of 25 Old 05-07-2019, 12:46 AM

if it goes through in Australia it won't be long before it comes to north america . My thinking !!
post #10 of 25 Old 05-07-2019, 03:35 AM

Not sure if it will migrate to north America, if this becomes law down under then their government has to prove that with this new roll bar it saves lives and not become a another bigger problem, this usually takes several years of testing and working with Atv OEM's to design such a roll bar, on a other note... a buddy of mine and his wife recently had a roll over on their new Polaris 900 SXS, the factory roll bars collapsed and they both had their arms broke because of the roll bar failure, the factory roll bar from Polaris could not support their SXS, this was a easy light roll.

2016 700 Grizzly SE 26" HTR Bear Claws, dual heat demon warmers, factory aluminum skid plates, Ropak fuel pack, hand guards with mirrors, Coops machined sheave and purple spring, rear seat with storage, rear Yamaha bumper 3000lb warn winch, kimpex gen 2 front bumper, kimpex 7" led lightbar EHS fuel controller .5mm shim exhaust mod Highlifter rear springs
post #11 of 25 Old 05-07-2019, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

LOL yea trying to see the funny side to this' and speaking to a couple of mates and we came to the conclusion that our bike's will now become a "classic" and be worth a fortune and anyone who ends up with one of these new "improved" models can simply cut the bloody thing off if ya don't like it :-D what are they (the Govt) gonna do.......meh fair enough i thought. LOL
mainehunter likes this.

2017 EPS Grizz
27" Mud hogs
Snorkels
AIS Blocked
3000lbs winch
VDO temp gauge
2x150mm tool pod's
50mm Tow ball
That's all for now

post #12 of 25 Old 05-09-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
That is probably the most accurate comment I have read all year.

Live Free or Die!
post #13 of 25 Old 05-09-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:

so how do you really feel ???? need more like you here in Colorado :)
post #14 of 25 Old 05-10-2019, 09:05 PM

I was just thinking take it off if you don't want it just like anything else that comes stock

08 700 EPS
27"BHOG's W/ITP SS112 rims
Ricochet full skids
1.5xxbillet spacers
1.5shimw/EPI purple spring
HMF XL pipe w/optimizer
Uni air filter
Moose front and rear bumpers
12" LED bar and Halos
Rotopax 3gal fuel cell
Yami overfenders
Yami hand guards Yami rear box
Warn XT2.5 winch w/syn. rope
LED reverse light
ODI grips
Rhino axles
Wetsounds Stealth6 soundbar
Rox footpegs
post #15 of 25 Old 05-11-2019, 05:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvictory1974 View Post
I was just thinking take it off if you don't want it just like anything else that comes stock
That would work only in the short term, until they make a follow up rule that it is a MANDATORY safety device, and ILLEGAL to remove. (Very much like infrared sensors on a garage door operator. Or those stupid safety gas cans that will not pour gas at more than a trickle, while standing in traffic at 5F.)
There has even been talk of "safety interlocks" that would prevent your car from starting if the seat belt is not worn. (It already requires your foot on the brake).
Personally, I'm sick of people mandating my safety. I'm a grown 'assed man, and I didn't get that way by being wrapped in bubble wrap.
(And if I EVER catch that bastage that invented the toilet paper roll that doesn't turn, or the coin operated stall door, that man is getting his butt kicked!) 😉

(That's just mean)
jvictory1974 and Chuggy500 like this.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool.
2003 Yamaha grizzly 660.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Talk