Scratching my head at my new 2019 700 eps - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum
Grizzly Talk Here we talk about our Grizzlys in general.

14Likes
  • 7 Post By dezz
  • 2 Post By RedRocket
  • 1 Post By Mustangkeith
  • 1 Post By Mustangkeith
  • 3 Post By Mustangkeith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-20-2019, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

About 5 weeks ago I broke down and bought an eps Griz with the 700 they offered to take my old 06 Bruin off my hands but I figured I’d keep it as with the high kms it still works good. Well anyways I decided to head out with a friend on my days off for a straight trail ride , no hills water or mud anything of that nature. About 25 to 30 mins into the drive it quits and left me high and dry. Tried to restart and no go. Waited about 10 minutes and then it went but when cycling the key on the fuel pump sounded pretty draggy. Limped it back to the truck and took it to the dealer as I didn’t have the time to look into it. They called later in the evening and said there’s nothing wrong with it so now I’m left scratching my head wondering if I just got a faulty pump. This is my first fuel injected lol always been a carb kind of guy. Anyone else had this issue with their 19 yet? I’m sorta glad I didn’t get rid of old faithful that way I can still get out but at a snails pace haha
The Following User Says Thank You to Mustangkeith For This Useful Post:
allegheny american (05-25-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-20-2019, 04:20 PM

Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,395 Posts

Garage
This is why you have a warranty. There could be any one of many things wrong.
But if the fuel pump sounds bad, it may a faulty pump from manufacturer.

If it fails again at any point, immediately take out your phone and record a video of it. Show the location of the key and the kill switch on left handlebar so they can't say you hit the kill switch, and record it not starting. If it just shut off, say in it your video. If you shut it off, and then it won't start, say that. Tell the truth of exactly what happened. If you can't hear the fuel pump running when cycling the key, try getting that in your video as well.
Have video evidence of the failure. Then hold the dealer accountable to fix it right, and do not accept "well it working now". And I do not mean that in a negative pretense. I am a mechanic, and I know the frustration that can come from something that is working fine when I am looking at it, but fails when I am not there to see it. Showing video of the failure can help tremendously in troubleshooting the fault.
The Following User Says Thank You to dezz For This Useful Post:
mainehunter (05-22-2019)
post #3 of 6 Old 05-20-2019, 05:07 PM
"Respect my authoratah"

Thanked 2,174 Times in 1,233 Posts

Garage
dezz has excellent advice for you so follow that.

These bikes are extremely reliable and I can't recall reading of anyone experiencing that specific kind of issue on a new Grizzly or Kodiak. It is unfortunate you may have got a faulty part so hopefully it will be resolved soon where you can have faith in your new bike.
Minnjim and Vincent like this.

- Brad, '07 Grizzly 700 (bought 02/14) | Updated '09 oil line cover w/ RM Stator | Dynatek DFCA-13 FI Controller | HMF Swamp Slip-on | Koso AFR Meter | 26" BigHorns OG | Yamaha Rhino SE wheels w/ 1" spacers | Coop45 Primary Sheave mod3 & .7mm shim | EPI purple spring | RoxRisers w/ Renthal Fatbar | Ricochet Full skids w/ UHMW Overlays | BlueSea Fuse Block | Yamaha HD bumper w/ Totron 12" LED light bar | Back-up LED light | Heat Demon grips/throttle | Kolpin Fuel Pack | Uni air filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-21-2019, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Definitely have the warranty and glad I bought it. I tried starting it last night it ran for about 20 minutes and then quit I did however take a vid for the dealership so I’ll see I they can pin point it. But it definitely sounds draggy in the pump and the wires to it are fairly hot I explained it to them last time but they said there was nothing wrong with it. Although they literally had it in there for 15 mins. Hopefully they don’t give me the runaround or I’ll likely just ohm out the pump and replace it myself. I got an appointment this after noon so I’ll be making sure I stick around to see what their findings are
mainehunter likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-21-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Exactly I myself am an auto mechanic if I didn’t have the warranty I’d he ohming the pump out. Didn’t want to get poking and probing it though but I will say the harness gets pretty warm after 15 mins and the whine can be heard with it idling with a helmet on lol. Almost like the pump is dragging after it’s running for a bit. I’ll keep you guys posted as I have a appointment this afternoon.
mainehunter likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-21-2019, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

They confirmed my thoughts. Dropped the quad off earlier this afternoon and it only ran for about 10 mins before quitting on them. They put another pump they had in stock on it and it worked lol
Minnjim, mainehunter and saskydude like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mustangkeith For This Useful Post:
mainehunter (05-22-2019)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Talk