Grizzly stalling when driving but starts back up once key is turned off/on - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum
Grizzly Talk Here we talk about our Grizzlys in general.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By reogem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-11-2019, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Grizzly stalling when driving but starts back up once key is turned off/on

Just got back from a trip to pa riding for the weekend and the bike was good until the last day (2007 Yamaha grizzly 700 stock) we were about to head back to the trail head and I noticed that it had a wierd idle so as I started driving it would shutoff almost like it was running out of gas so I stopped turned the key off and back on and it started back up fine so I drove it for about 1-2 more minutes and it did it again but i noticed while I was driving it that it did not have much power and I had to give it a decent amount of throttle to get it moving, now this happened 5 or 6 times before i stopped and checked over my air filter and checked to make sure my fuel gauge was correct and both of these were good so it kept doing it and finally we got back to the trail head and I parked it for about a hour and then I disconnected the battery for 1 minute and then hooked it back up and drove it and it didnít have this problem after that so Iím wondering what could be the problem, it showed no codes for anything before or after battery disconnect but I have had a problem with starting it and when you go to put it in reverse or high that it will stall out when you give it gas. Iím not sure if this has something to do with it I also noticed that my exhaust has rusted out around where the spark arrestor bolts so Iím not sure if this has an affect on it If it dosent have enough back pressure and is throwing things off since it doesnít have a fuel optimizer but Iím not sure I have researched and havenít found anything on a problem like this so any help is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-12-2019, 09:15 AM

Thanked 3,053 Times in 2,103 Posts

When all the planets are aligned, the outside temperature is high, and the fuel tank is half full. Some folks have had trouble with the fuel over heating. Maybe a vapor lock.
Some research I have found points to the fuel pump over heating and thermo overloading.

Filling the fuel tank normally is the fix.
Some guys have added insulation to the bottom of the tank and fuel line.
Ridgway81432 likes this.

Twin sister 16 Kodiak EPS 700 Dirty Egg Salad (Camo)
Grezzzless CVT 22g
26.5" Pitbull Growlers Uber XOR
STI HD1 Beadlock Wheels

Hers 16 Kodiak EPS 700 Camo
26.5" Pitbull Growlers Uber XOR
STI HD1 Wheels

2013 Ole blue 700
Putting out to Stud 21365 miles
360/120 CVT
26" ML XTRs
stocker wheels
grezzzless clutch.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-13-2019, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reogem View Post
When all the planets are aligned, the outside temperature is high, and the fuel tank is half full. Some folks have had trouble with the fuel over heating. Maybe a vapor lock.

Some research I have found points to the fuel pump over heating and thermo overloading.

Filling the fuel tank normally is the fix.

Some guys have added insulation to the bottom of the tank and fuel line.

That does make sense because Iíve been riding it around the house now and itís been fine other than the cutting off sometimes when you put it in gear when first started but that might just be because itís ďcoldĒ since it hasnít been running

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-13-2019, 11:32 PM

Thanked 3,709 Times in 2,338 Posts

I used to have problems with boiling gas and noticed the C.V.T. cover was hot against my foot, damn hot because I was using high range keeping the engine r.p.m.'s low.
Using low range help raise the water flow and less heat got to the lower engine cover, just something for you to try.

Jim,
Fast Green Convertible "06" 660 on 26" BH OG's with Stock Wheels.
COOP45 Primary, 1.5 mm shim, -1.5 mm belt, Purple Secondary Spring,
21 gram weights, weight covers reduced to 29 mm diameter and a 2 mm Cut Cam Plate.
2 heat range hotter plug, Warn Winch, Passenger Foot Rests, Rock Deflectors, Heated Grips and Hand Mitts,
Grab Strap, Cooling System Up-Grade and multiple position mirrors.
8040 miles, 812 hours on 1-1-15
Y.A.C.C. #43
post #5 of 5 Old Today, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgway81432 View Post
I used to have problems with boiling gas and noticed the C.V.T. cover was hot against my foot, damn hot because I was using high range keeping the engine r.p.m.'s low.

Using low range help raise the water flow and less heat got to the lower engine cover, just something for you to try.

I didnít notice my cvt cover getting hot but it was around 75įF out that day and I had been riding for a couple hours straight so I believe it was boiling gas and causing vapor lock because I havenít had that problem since then

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Talk