problems with diff lock - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum
Grizzly Talk Here we talk about our Grizzlys in general.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-24-2009, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

i have posted this in the engine tranny heading and have had any luck so i figuered id post here as well...this problem is stressing me out.....

I just recently picked up another grizzly. Right after getting it i have had to get a new front left side cv joint....and now i think i have a diff. lock issue. with the igntion on and the quad not running i tried engaging the 4wd....the servo sounds and the icon lights up on the display. But when i go to lock the diff i get no servo noise and the light just flashes. now i dont have the front left axle in at the moment(waiting on the brown truck). could this cause it to not attempt to lock the diff. i also have an 03 grizz. and i tried the same steps on it as well and i get servo noise with the 4wd and the diff lock with the quad off and not running. but it is a running quad with all axles in. i didnt know if this was something someone as tried b4 or not. any info would be greatly appreciated!!! i have checked all the fuses...i know the same relay runs both 4wd and diff lock....i get the click from the relay for 4wd...but not for diff lock. i have swapped relays thinkin it was a bad relay but the relay checks out fine on my other grizzly....im hoping its not the servo.....i know its not cheap!!

2005 660, 27" mudzillas, Realtree camo edition
2003 660, 26" mudlites, Dark Green SE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-25-2009, 08:58 AM

When you try putting it into diff-lock, try rocking it a little bit and see if it engages. If you have a multimeter, try checking the wires going into the servo to see if your getting a current. If you don't have one, you can get one for $20-$30 for a pretty descent one at Home Depot or Menards.

Those are my 2 guesses. Good luck!

Why not?![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 3 Old 03-25-2009, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

alright...well i got the diff lock fixed. apparently you have to have the left front axle in inorder for the diff lock to try to ingage. i got my cv joint in today and got the axle back in to only find out i have a bent axle!!! after i got done cussing and throwing crap i started trouble shooting the diff lock problem....i swapped the relays between my 05 and 03 aqnd then cut the ignition on and whamo....the diff lock works. guess there is something in the front diff that wont let the diff even try to lock without the axles in!!! so just a lil thing for everyone to remember!!!

2005 660, 27" mudzillas, Realtree camo edition
2003 660, 26" mudlites, Dark Green SE

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode