New Shoes - Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum
Grizzly Tire & Wheel Combos Discuss tire & wheel combos here.

3Likes
  • 3 Post By jbgill06

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-07-2019, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

New Shoes

I recently bought a 2019 Grizzly 700 SE, that comes with the 27x10x14 Maxxis Zillas on all 4 corners. Those tires are great, but too aggressive for how I ride. I knew they were going to be that way when I got it, and originally planned on finding a set of stock grizzly rims and tires and only using the Zillas for the wet/snowy season. Did the same thing with all my past ATV's, summer set and a winter set. I liked the look of the regular Grizzly factory rims and tires, but I couldn't find anyone getting rid of a set anywhere. So I broke down and bought a set of ITP Terracross's and ITP SS212 wheels in 26x8x14 and 26x10x14. The ITP ended up being the same height as my Zillas, and the rears are just a tad wider. I've only ridden on them once, but they are a huge improvement in handling. The front end is much lighter, turning is easier and sharper, and sticks better. Much quieter and comfortable going down the road as well. Comparable to when I would switch between my Big Horn 2.0's and my Mud Lite XL's on my Rincon. Turns it into a totally different animal.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
RansomP, Blklab and Pjniez like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbgill06 For This Useful Post:
Blklab (06-07-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-09-2019, 08:57 PM

Looks awesome, wish I would have bought blue!
post #3 of 5 Old 06-10-2019, 08:42 AM

I rather prefer your new tires for the combination of snow and rocky trails, I came to this conclusion after riding a friends Polaris that had super aggressive tires and found them unstable since they were riding on the tall lugs only for road contact. Sure like the super aggressive look but not practical for my use. I got the blue after three other green machines, needed a change and glad I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-10-2019, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3532 View Post
Looks awesome, wish I would have bought blue!
I wanted a 2019 in Yamaha Blue. Only way to get any blue was to buy the Special Edition

post #5 of 5 Old 06-10-2019, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman2 View Post
I rather prefer your new tires for the combination of snow and rocky trails, I came to this conclusion after riding a friends Polaris that had super aggressive tires and found them unstable since they were riding on the tall lugs only for road contact. Sure like the super aggressive look but not practical for my use. I got the blue after three other green machines, needed a change and glad I did.
Our winters up here tend to be pretty wet/muddy. We do get a decent amount of snow, but it our temperatures are inconsistent. We could get 8-10 inches of snow on Friday, and it's gone by Sunday. So the need for a decent mud tire for half the year is essential. I do agree with what you're saying about mud tires, though. My Mudlite XL's are like that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum > Grizzly Forums > Grizzly Tire & Wheel Combos

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode