Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Opinion??

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Ridgway81432 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I beg to differ on the wheel size. 14's are easier to clean, and less crap gets caked behind them around the brakes. They are no less functional than 12" wheels when you are running quality tires. You cannot feel the difference in a 1" shorter sidewall. Also, most good tires have greater availability and a larger array of sizes in 14"

#7 ·
Went the 27" Grim Reapers on 14" MSA Diesels.....

I went with a taller tire cause I will be using it to run back and fourth through farm fields and need the extra ground clearance. I prefer the look mostly on the 14's over the 12's. As soon as they show up I will post some pictures.

#8 ·
From what I've experienced 14's look better and 12's ride better and are more protected from damage...JMO

#11 ·
I looked at the 12's and just didn't like the look. Rode a buddies with 14's and rode fine but maybe its just cause I haven't rode a lot, came from the YFZ world so completely different type of riding.

Everything should be here Weds before I go up for for the weekend, just need to fix my damn exhaust bolts!

#12 ·
I looked at the 12's and just didn't like the look. Rode a buddies with 14's and rode fine but maybe its just cause I haven't rode a lot, came from the YFZ world so completely different type of riding.
As you rode 14's before making the purchase you know what you getting. I think others recommending more side-wall is from riding their local area and the type of terrain encountered.
As for me, with the amount of scaring and bends on the 12's that I have, with less side-wall I might have broke a wheel in the rocks I ride.
Also, before you remove the stock tires, measure the roll-out to know what c.v.t. mods are needed to restore the stock low end performance later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.