Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just got an 02 big bear 400. The axles were bad so I got a set of sixity axles and new wheel bearings. Installed them over the weekend and now it seems like the axles are at to much of an angle. The don't spin freely when it's up on the jack. When I try to ride it it feels like the front end is binding. I put it in first and the rear squats when I give it throttle, and when I put it in reverse the rear lifts up like it's trying to pull the front. I took a ratchet straps and strapped the shocks over the front rack and when the shocks are lifted about an inch all the tightness goes away. It seems like the shocks are too long but I they seem like the stock shocks. Loosing my mind trying to figure it out ha. Any one have any ideas what it could be. Also. My shock mount has the ears on the side are facing down. If someone could let me know ow if they should be up or down I would appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Have you owned it since new? If not, has there been a lift kit installed by the previous owner(s) that you don't know about?
Pictures of the shock mounts will show us if you have a lift or not.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
You got a lift kit installed. That's what's binding up your axles. Remove those brackets and install the shock into its original location. Your axles should work fine then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So take off the silver bars and mount the shocks to where those are mounted to. I'll do that. Thanks

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
So take off the silver bars and mount the shocks to where those are mounted to. I'll do that. Thanks
Yup.
There will be a collar that you'll need to remove too. It'll come out when you remove the bolts...and that's it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got it all put back together. They move a lot more freely now. Now to just figure out the steering. Haha. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts