Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced both bulbs, now I have one that looks normal, but the other is very dim. I pulled the connector and put the multimeter on the pins im not getting anything. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Sounds like a bad ground , run an overlay ground wire and see if that fixes it. Check terminal connections first if the problem started after changing bulbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, will do. I bought it 2 years ago, it was out when I got it so the ground sounds more likely.

·
Registered
16 Posts
let me know what you find...my 05 is doing the same thing. I haven't had time to tear into it yet...so if I can cheat and you tell me what the problem is, that'd be great! :wink2::grin2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a bad socket, was getting like 4 volts max. Dropped in a new one from the harness to the bulb, and it was good to go. My meter had a bad connection, picked up a new one, put it on the pins and I was in fact getting 11-12 volts to the harness.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It was a bad socket, was getting like 4 volts max. Dropped in a new one from the harness to the bulb, and it was good to go. My meter had a bad connection, picked up a new one, put it on the pins and I was in fact getting 11-12 volts to the harness.
I had a very similar issue on my 04 Bruin, the socket was partially cooked inside and required me finessing things to get the contact points back to where they belong. :wink2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts