Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! So I have a 02 660 I picked up a while back. Messed with it a little and just put it away, got busy with work. But now I wanna break into her. Right now she has been snorkeled and has the radiator relocated. A little lift and some tires and wheels. Has an exhaust and a k&n. Carb not sure. I want to install a bbk on it to get all the power I can. What I’ve read so far is the 686 kit is a really reliable kit, out a raptor cam and springs with it and it’s top notch. But what I would like input on is the best way to go about getting more power and keep reliability high. I will be starting this in a couple weeks and I want to do all the research as possible. Thank you for the help and advice in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
The Raptor cam is for high rpm power. If that's what you want, go for it. Works very well.
If you want more low end torque for pulling big tires, then you'd be best to install a MudBuster cam ground for more low rpm torque, with Kibblewhite valve springs.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Raptor cam is for high rpm power. If that's what you want, go for it. Works very well.
If you want more low end torque for pulling big tires, then you'd be best to install a MudBuster cam ground for more low rpm torque, with Kibblewhite valve springs.
I believe it has one in it now, at least that’s what the previous owner said. But I know it doesn’t have the decompression pin in it so I’m gonna replace it and keep it for parts.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also on the raptor cam, so it’s more for the top end power rather than just a more powerful cam in general? I think I’ll be trailing and missing more than racing on this thing lol. Although I would assume with the 686 bbk and a mud buster cam it should still move with a purpose right?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also my driveshaft is completely exposed. I guess someone before me took the rear off and never put the sleeve back on. I know it would be ideal to order a replacement sleeve and put it on. But would it be okay to leave it out? Or would that mess a whole bunch of other stuff up

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I ordered most of everything so the goods should be in soon. Here’s what she looks like

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s coming together!!

Has a time with the cam chain. A buddy of mine didn’t hold it when I said to and it fell off the sprocket. Got it back on without having to take the harmonic balancer off, but I still went in that cover to change the stator and cover gasket. I’m hoping everything goes smooth tomorrow!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts