Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a 2002 Grizzly 660, I just put a new battery in it and it continuously is dead over night. I took it out charged it, tested it and its fine, I then put it back in hooked up the positive cable, but left the ground cable off, I made sure everything was turned off then connected a multimeter from the neg. terminal to the ground wire, the meter showed a 10 volt draw. I then started pulling fuses one at a time hoping to find the circuit that was causing the draw, but after pulling ALL the fuses it is still showing a 10 volt draw! Can anyone help me out on what might be causing my problem? I might add that Im severely color blind and though I have the original service manual its very hard for me to do wiring since I cant see the true colors of the wires. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Best regards to all,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
Hum.....just saw this thread. Generally there are replies without waiting 16 days.
I bet you have a rubbed/chaffed wire between the battery and the fuse block.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Ridgeway81432, I really appreciate your input, this problem has been driving me nuts! I have the manuals but Im colorblind real bad so I cant tell what color each wire is so when I try to trace each circuit I keep getting fouled up when I cant follow the wire completely, if you follow what Im trying to say, its just agrivating. Im putting a shut off on the battery so at least it wont be able to drain my battery every time I shut the machine down, but Id still like to fix the problem so I will certainly look for a rubbed or chaffed wire were you noted. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
Also, 660's are known to rub wires along the upper left frame rail along the gas tank area.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[TQUOTE="Ridgway81432, post: 1114298, member: 26821"]
Also, 660's are known to rub wires along the upper left frame rail along the gas tank area.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks again for the info, I wasnt aware of that so I will check into it. Wiring sure can be a pain, can take hours and hours to find a problem that takes 5 minutes to fix!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts