Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the stock headlights are old and time to upgrade. Was wondering about 2 things
1. Should I install completely new heavier gauge wires with relays and fuses for the higher wattage bulbs I want to put on the quad. Stock is 12v 30w/30w I am tired of stock lights, I actually have an petzel led headlamp that runs on batteries that is brighter witch I use at night.

2. is there an upgrade for the stator/generator on the quad to charge the battery since I plan on installing better lights.

Long story short I want to upgrade the stock lights. I got 4" led lights that might just replace the headlights but I'll have to modify the headlight housing to do this. Before I go elbow deep in this project I wanted to see the options that pop up on here.
Any info or suggestions let me know thx in advance. :peace:

·
Vendor
686 Posts
Everybody has got their own way of doing things and you'll get alot of opinions on lighting. I bought two 6 " rectangle leds off ebay for around $30 and wired them to where they come on when I put on the high beams. They are super bright, waterprooof and actually pretty durable. They don't draw alot of current either. IMO that's the way to go or something LED of the sort. You won't need to upgrade wiring or stator as long as you don't go overboard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx
I wanted to put better higher wattage replacement lights on the atv. I'm just worrying if I install the led lights on the same system and replacing with higher wattage bulbs on the system it will get fried.
If I do put new higher wattage bulbs on I can always wire the led lights keeping the led lights on a separate system.

I don't want to overload the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts