Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first and foremost, I'm new to the forum and new to the Grizzly. I'm members on other forums and these are the best places to start.
I bought the grizzly non running tonight after dark and haven't got to really look at it yet.
I know the pull rope was hard to pull but didn't feel locked up really? Any known issues with these things?

I'll be looking for left side, side plastic and floorboard and possibly other things as I dig deeper.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Loose front driveshaft due to worn splines and rear diff moving in the frame is the only common faults with the 660.
Luckily both are fixable so you never have problems again.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
Welcome to GC.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Rear diff braces are a must in my opinion. They can be purchased online or make one yourself for very cheap.

To fix the driveshaft issue, simply unbolt the front differential (no need to remove it). Using a round file, elongate the diff mounting holes to move the diff backwards in the frame about 3/16" to 1/4".
If your splines are already worn, you'll need to replace the front driveshaft and engine side coupler. Moving the diff back in the frame will prevent the splines from ever stripping or wearing again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts