Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did ask this in another spot, but I am interested in as many opinions as possible.

So this Bruin I received has no oil cooler, and it looks like they just had some jerry-rigged hose going from one side to the other, but I haven't had a good look at it yet.

Could anyone give me the dimensions (length x width x depth) of the OEM oil cooler?

I am wondering if I could use a B&M Supercooler 70272 (I can't post a link yet since I don't have enough posts)
If the dimensions are the same, wouldn't this be a little bit of an upgrade from OEM, if it fits?

The B&M is 11 1/2 inches wide, 8 1/2 inches high, and 1 1/2 inches deep (thick), and rated at 20,500 BTUs (which I am guessing is either temp tolerance or heat emission capacity?)

Opinions on swapping this oil cooler in for OEM?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Saw your other post. If you're coming across info on the Bruin, anything you find on Grizzly 350's will also apply cause they're the same machine with a different name. Wolverine 350 is also very mechanically similar in some ways too.

As far the oil cooler goes... I'd recommend finding a good used one here: https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=5UH-E3480-00-00&isNewKw=1&_sacat=&cnm=&isRefine=true&mfs=&acimp=&_trksid=&sqp=

I wouldn't bother with that other one you posted, cause what you'll save in part cost you'll chew up in getting it to mount and fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, I was able to find a service manual for the Grizzly 350 on another forum. I do agree and recognize that a used oem cooler would probably be the cheapest way to go. My thinking is, since I have to replace it anyway, why not take it as an opportunity to upgrade. I like to mod stuff a little so I was just thinking the B & M Cooler would maybe be a better cooler that might improve the longevity and performance of the Bruin. Having done some more research, I guess what I really need to know know is how many BTUs the oem cooler is rated for.

Thanks again for your suggestions

1 - 3 of 3 Posts