Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i decided to strip down my grizzly to adjust the valves. I also installed a jet kit, hmf pipe, HMR racing cdi, and uni air filter. Got it back together enough so i could put fuel to carb and start it. It whirled over a few times and locked up. Pulled on rope and motor is tight. I stopped there. Ideas???

·
Premium Member
10,658 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
I would remove the pull starter and use a socket to turn the motor backward to free up, then turn it by hand with plug removed to feel if something is stopping the turning.
You installed multiple mods so what happened is hard to tell through the computer.
Let us know if you get it freed up, and we can go from there.

Reactions: AndyC

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Pull the spark plug, fuel may have filled the cylinder.

Reactions: AndyC and reogem

·
Premium Member
7,915 Posts
Agree with Vincent. If the cylinder is hydro locked with fuel the crankcase probably is also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Meaning i must have done something wrong jetting carb to flood it with few after only 3-4 revolutions

·
Premium Member
10,658 Posts
Its a possibility.
If the float was bumped and the gas level changed for no cut-off, then yes. Or if you damaged the needle/seat seal, then gas was pouring in, even without the engine turning.
To install the dyno jet mod, the carb was removed, right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it today. Runs like a dream. It was the valves i didnt have them adjusted correctly. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts