Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay fellas so i have an issue with my 2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700.
It has no get up and go in High. I can go half or full throttle and the RPMs are there but it just put puts instead of picking up the front end and going like it should. if i put it in low it does the same at first but then it rolls like a bat outa hell. So my question is does anyone know what it might be and how to fix it.
Also it has new clutch set up and belt.

·
Registered
269 Posts
What clutch setup did you put in it, from who, roller weights, tyre size etc. If it did this after putting in the setup it might be a mismatch of the parts, if not try a new plug.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
If you haven't done any clutch mods, I would suspect a worn and slipping wet clutch.
What kind of engine oil are you using? The wrong kind will cause wet clutch slipping, and ultimately wet clutch failure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put a stock clutch back in it primary and secondary also wet clutch.
Someone told me it might be my neutral switch (Reveres revlimiter).

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,669 Posts
I had a Neutral Switch Assembly go bad on me. What occurred for me is a very telltale reported issue to where when under throttle, the engine momentarily cuts out, the R flashes simultaneously and then you will regain engine power.

That is very different to what you describe.

·
Premium Member
10,686 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
High r.p.m.'s with low speed indicate an assembly problem.
What is your pulley ratio?

·
Premium Member
7,924 Posts
Okay fellas so i have an issue with my 2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700.
It has no get up and go in High. I can go half or full throttle and the RPMs are there but it just put puts instead of picking up the front end and going like it should. if i put it in low it does the same at first but then it rolls like a bat outa hell. So my question is does anyone know what it might be and how to fix it.
Also it has new clutch set up and belt.
Considering this have you had it in deep mud and water? Could be mud and silt clogging the CVT. Maybe causing the belt to slip also.

I put a stock clutch back in it primary and secondary also wet clutch.
Someone told me it might be my neutral switch (Reveres revlimiter).
However this points to an assembly mistake.
Like a roller flopped or a loose primary nut that is causing the fix sheave being stripped.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Now that we know more information, I agree with the others. It seems an assembly mistake to be the issue. Sounds like a roller weight has fell out if its channel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I was out trail riding and high gear started messing up like it did so i went into low gear and low gear did fine no issues and its still acting fine. But i had got the bike back to camp took it apart and seen inside my clutch my rollers were sticking so i cleaned everything out and Low gear acts even better now picking up the front end and everything but High gear still high rpms and put putting. So my point being i don't believe its the clutch since low gear is doing great with no issues. But i did realize that same day it was backfiring a lot so i replaced the plug and its still backfiring.
Maybe its related to the high gear?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts