Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How does that work, you ask?

Doing some relatively innocent riding around some hills near the house with my buddy on our Grizzlies. Somewhere along the way, the bottom rear caliper bolt fell out. Not the long, thick one that holds the pads in, but the flange bolt that holds the caliper's steel bracket to the vehicle. A 12MM bolt, I think.

The caliper then proceeding to bang into the inside of my ITP SS112 wheel a few times - enough to crack it in 3-4 places.

So ... one wheel, another bottle of Highlifter sealant, and about $16 bucks worth of shipping means that one bolt cost me $100. Probably $20 for the local tire place to swap the tire for me, I'm sure.

And that doesn't include the cost of the new bolt ... :)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Similar thing happened to my wife's BF 300 right after my cousin bought it, cost a lot more than that-caliper, bracket, rotor, brake line, and the bolts.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
If the itp wheel cracked they will replace it for life for free

·
Registered
295 Posts
Got you all beat. When my caliper broke loose it took out my inner wish bone, hub and rotor.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
:shocked::shocked:I might have to go check the torque on mine later........

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sucks!!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Ah the joys of a tiny little bolt ending up making costly repairs... Been there a few times!!

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Torque wrench $20.00. I torque and use anti seize on nearly every bolt, nut.
never an issue.
I can't torque the bolts on these damn heim tie rod ends at the pitman side.. Had to use loktite. They did keep coming loose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts