Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take it from me I learned the hard way, bought a 16 grizzly added 2" lift and bought some ricochet skids and well they don't fit they will rub badly with lift installed and worst part is I had them Powdercoated black to match frame and stuff......heads up for guys wondering I am selling my skids if anyone is interested pm me I have them in the for sale section also......if your not lifting your machine these will look amazing......they are brand new

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,516 Posts
Take it from me I learned the hard way, bought a 16 grizzly added 2" lift and bought some ricochet skids and well they don't fit they will rub badly with lift installed and worst part is I had them Powdercoated black to match frame and stuff......heads up for guys wondering I am selling my skids if anyone is interested pm me I have them in the for sale section also......if your not lifting your machine these will look amazing......they are brand new
Have your you spoken with gearslayer about this?

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,516 Posts
If I had that kind of money invested, I wouldn't wait for him to "see this". I'd be contacting him directly. Everything I have seen on them makes me believe that they will work with you. I'd give it a shot.

·
Registered
419 Posts
It isnt hard to grind some aluminum away from where your a arms pivot..it does suck that you already had it powdercoated first and not after tho..

·
Site Founder
4,961 Posts
Yeah. That does suck that he already had them powder coated. Not much we can do with the powder coating. But we are looking into things.

Let this be a reminder to all, always check for clearance/fitment when running lifts (there are so many) before powder coating and such. Running aftermarket products which effect stock geometry will effect fitment.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well mike and Jamey took great care of me over at ricochet, I modified the skids and gave them the specs and we got everything worked out.....ricochet are very easy to deal with and do take care of their customers.....

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are all aluminum and come in variety of choices just belly just a arm or all or mix matched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Its almost like you should have contacted the manufacturer before complaining.

good thing it was a company like ricochet that already has a solid rep. imagine if it was some startup's product that was complained about before even the slightest effort was made to contact the company.

·
Registered
20 Posts
They are all aluminum and come in variety of choices just belly just a arm or all or mix matched

My question was about what comes stock on the 2016 Grizzlys. Are you saying the stock ones are aluminum and are mix and match in colors?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
What do the 2016s come with for stock skid plates? I have not seen them yet?

Are they full coverage underneath? Metal or plastic?

The stock skids are plastic junk .

Reactions: NHRoadking

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Idiggplants all you do is complain on this forum....I had a solid reason to be upset and knew this forum would point me in right direction which it did with Jamey replying....but thanks for putting in your .02

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Idiggplants all you do is complain on this forum....I had a solid reason to be upset and knew this forum would point me in right direction which it did with Jamey replying....but thanks for putting in your .02

you needed to come to a forum to learn that you should contact a company when you have an issue with your product??? haha.

wait... who came to this forum to complain?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts