Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this bike isn't dirty at all. It's been under rebuilt for a while. Is starts well since february. So I started working on esthetic ever since. Sometimes I put it to work....
So, 3 days ago the neutral light is off and I wont react to start button at all. Some hours late out of nowhere it starts WELL but neutral light wont go ON. It's been like this ever since. Starts well or no reaction. I tested the neutral light separately and it's ok.. so, I'm guessing starting problem is somehow related to the neutral light. Battery is full charge and brand new.... I also tried to switch some relays and nothing's changed...

Any clues ?

·
Premium Member
10,180 Posts
Wire chaffing, a short somewhere.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me doubt about short.
The harness was full rebuilt and clean. It even hasn't run on out of my yard yet.

I forgot to mention.... before this happen I was trying to start the bike , and I stopped pressing the start button and the bike itself kept continuing to run the starter. I had to remove the key because the kill switch wont stop it. Yeah.... ever since , the neutral light got off and it starts once in a while.

Could it be the left handler switch ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like a wiring/switch issue. Just because the wiring harness has been complete redone does not mean that all wiring is good (ie wiring from atv components that connect to wiring harness) You could always pull up wiring diagram and use a jumper wire to bypass the neutral safety switch to see if that is the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts