Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am blowing main 20amp fuse must have a short , can anyone guide me in the direction that I should be looking for this short

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
1998 what?

Start inspecting the harness for chafing. Pay particular attention to areas where the harness touches the frame.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1998 what?

Start inspecting the harness for chafing. Pay particular attention to areas where the harness touches the frame.
I will do that, Its a 1998 600 grizzly, I am trying right now to isolate the problem by disconnected the red battery wire at the starter relay then check for blown fuse , All lights and everything works with no blown fuse , so I will reconnect wire and disconnect the starter , and diode , and starter circuit cut off switch , to find out if it is the starter relay. Your help is much appreciated. I am following the schematics

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will do that, Its a 1998 600 grizzly, I am trying right now to isolate the problem by disconnected the red battery wire at the starter relay then check for blown fuse , All lights and everything works with no blown fuse , so I will reconnect wire and disconnect the starter , and diode , and starter circuit cut off switch , to find out if it is the starter relay. Your help is much appreciated. I am following the schematics
it was chafing on a wire , its running again , thank you

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts