Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I was able to get the winch installed, but not wired yet. Hopefully not too much work on the wiring as this will be my first attempt. Newly powder coated bumper and floor boards back on as well. Need to get some replacement hardware for the floor boards to make it look nice. Next up will be determining if the newly acquired 12" 1999 Grizzly Aluminum wheels get powder coated black or a color to match the "tanish/brownish" decals. Then a set of 26" or 27" tires. Light bar install as well, but I think I need to order the 10" vs. 14".

Attachments

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Great project!

Reactions: 1998Grizzly

·
Registered
2,125 Posts

I was able to get the winch installed, but not wired yet. Hopefully not to much work on the wiring as this will be my first attempt. Newly powder coated bumper and floor boards back on as well. Need to get some replacement hardware for the floor boards to make it look nice. Next up will be determining if the newly acquired 12" 1999 Grizzly Aluminum wheels get powder coated black or a color to match the "tanish/brownish" decals. Then a set of 26" or 27" tires. Light bar install as well, but I think I need to order the 10" vs. 14".
Very beautiful and clean machine!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! how did you get the plastics looking like a brand new machine?
Thanks bucshunter. Well that had to do with the fact that it had 350 miles on it from new and was a one owner machine. Lucked out on finding this one.

Reactions: bucshunter

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Very clean congrats on that find

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Holy [email protected]#l. That is basically a brand new Grizzly 600. Wow. That thing is still on the original tires.
Makes me miss my old 1998 I sold years ago. Loved that bike.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Very interesting project indeed. What style of tire are you considering to upgrade to?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very interesting project indeed. What style of tire are you considering to upgrade to?
Thanks Vincent. Considering the three following:

Tusk 26x9-12's
Sun A033 27x9-12's
Duro Power Grip 26x9-12's

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thanks Vincent. Considering the three following:

Tusk 26x9-12's
Sun A033 27x9-12's
Duro Power Grip 26x9-12's
Duros seem popular. Sun seem to have mixed reviews. Tusks seem good according to a few members. I would check out Wandas. Several members say that they are the best Bighorn spin off there is. Best part is they are ridiculously affordable.

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Duros seem popular. Sun seem to have mixed reviews. Tusks seem good according to a few members. I would check out Wandas. Several members say that they are the best Bighorn spin off there is. Best part is they are ridiculously affordable.

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk
I will have to check those out as I haven't seen those.

Duros - $300 for the set
Tusk - $304 for the set
SunF - under $300 the last time I checked.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I will have to check those out as I haven't seen those.

Duros - $300 for the set
Tusk - $304 for the set
SunF - under $300 the last time I checked.
On the Walmart website a set of 26" Wanda's are 300$

Here they were at my local Yamaha dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
$296 on Amazon if you get two sets of two. Can't beat that for the reputation they have 4.5 stars at 196 reviews.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tires in

Tusk Trilobites arrived via the mail today. Awaiting the wheels back from powder coat. Hopefully they will be down by Friday. Once I get them mounted, I will take some measurements.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts

Tusk Trilobites arrived via the mail today. Awaiting the wheels back from powder coat. Hopefully they will be down by Friday. Once I get them mounted, I will take some measurements.

Congrats on the new tires. Post pics as soon as they are installed!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update

Well the powder coater wasn't able to coat them without blasting them first due to the clear coat and I didn't want to spend $350.00 on that total job. Decided to mount them up. Dang I am not that happy on how they turned out. The fronts, due to the new offset are poking out pretty good. The rears are actually poking in and are not as tall as the original 25's that came on it. Overall I am liking the style of the original wheels as well. So now what. I may have to get a pair of 26x10-10's for the rears and mount all the new tires on the original steel wheels. I haven't even researched if they make them in that size. :frown2:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts