Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear members,
I am very new in this forum and also new owner of “[email protected] grizzly.
I recently purchased 2008 Grizzly 450 from UK military. Apart from other miner things I have a major problem with 4WD system. Servo motor doesn’t work as it suppose , I bought a new servo unit, but problem stays … I checked relays, also all OK.
when I switch from 2WDto4WD, servo motors move, but diff lock light is on and then motor is stuck in position and don’t react to any commands from switches. Based on service manual it could be a failed CDI unit. Before I buy a new one any ideas ?? Thank you for your patience with my long post.
Jan

·
Registered
2,787 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Before buying more parts I would check the wires from the power source to the switch, then to the diff for grounding problems.
Look for chaffing/rubbing/breaks causing a low voltage or grounding problem and also make sure all the wire connections are clean and properly connected.
I haven't worked on a 450, but other larger model have the front diff wiring traveling down the left front frame rail, behind the tubing, but something (like a stick) could have gotten in there and pulled on the wires, its happened to other members.
You can use a multi-meter to check continuity of each wire in the system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts