Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

After seeing a few brilliant Pelican case additions on this site, I decided to add 2 small pelican 1170 cases to my front rack for electronics such as GPS, phone, handheld amateur radio, batteries, and my Oakley sunglasses. I picked the 1170s because of the specific shape and mounted them using 3 U-bolts each.

I did this to maintain my center light beam visibility.

I first mounted the bolts the way I wanted for a 3-point mount. I then made a paper template for each by pushing the bolts up through the paper for each side. I re-measured 2-3 times to make sure the holes would center the mounts.

I used a 1/4” still bit and reamed the holes out just a little extra, as it was a tight fit. I put 4-5 wraps of black electrical tape around the mount points of each U-bolt and then put them on.

I siliconed around each bolt and let it dry awhile.

Finished product:

The empty space is where my iPhone plus goes. I’m going to add a spot for a 2 charge backup phone charger.

Now I don’t have to have all my electronics and stuff banging around in my center console storage in the heat there.

$78 for both cases with foam plus another $10 for the 6 bolts. $88 all in.

Cheers,

·
Registered
253 Posts
@scribe308, Great idea! And you also have the bulk of the rest of the rack to use if you needed it!

Reactions: scribe308

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Turned out nice! The Pelicans will keep everything dry and dust free and like you mentioned they will keep everything in place without getting banged up.

·
Registered
155 Posts
very nice.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is exactly the setup I want but I think I'm going to go with the amazonbasics waterproof cases as they are cheaper here in Canada and look to provide approximately the same type of storage. If I could afford it I would put a rotopax fuel pack in the middle of those but the price on that is just too expensive for me I can't justify a little extra fuel for that much money. Great set up though props to you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts