Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,
I have a 2018 grizzly 700 is comes with the 2" attachment fro that ball. I'm after snapping off the bolts that hold the attachment in place four times now but the bolts from the dealer. the nuts are stripped out.
My question is, is there any one out there modifying there trailer hitch on there Quads.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just to be clear... You snapped the bolts where the hitch bolts to the frame? 4 times? How did you manage to do that? Welding it on comes to mind.

·
Registered
2017 Grizzly
352 Posts
My 2004 Griz had the same problems, replaced bolts, welded and still just a weak point. Look at KFI (?)or similar for installing a receiver.
I installed the same product on my 2017 and works great.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wondering what the heck could cause it to break four times? What are you towing (or yanking)?

·
Registered
2017 Grizzly
352 Posts
Rep, I was using mine for repositioning a trailer around the property, hauling wood in a small trailer, dragging logs out of the woods and once in a while an elk.
Starting to wondering the same after several failures and while not an engineer, figure the low position for the ball allows a great deal of downward pressure which puts extensive upward sheer force on the two bolts. There is probably math involved but I barely remember algebra :)
The aftermarket receiver sits up higher and more of a direct pull and has worked for the last 5 years.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts