Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced coil,starter relay, stator, new plug, metered all the switches, but still no spark.
One thing i notice is the starter relay wont engage starter with the white relay beside ecu installed, but when i put the red relay in it, it will.
something else i noticed is that is doesnt have to be in neutral for it to roll over with the red relay in white connector.
that being said, i borrowed my friends working ecu, regulator, white and red relays from same year bike and still no spark. original stator measured resistance good, but changed it anyway as recommended to me from a friend.
i am not really sure where to go from here. any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have the service manual but find the schematics really hard to pick out as they are poor resolution.
thanks in advanced.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Don't have a manual for your machine, Maybe Dezz will chime in.
Have you got a good ground?
Check and clean all connections (pos & neg) from battery to frame,starter,relay and coil.
Check fuses?
Will it start when in gear holding the brake?
Check neutral switch?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't have a manual for your machine, Maybe Dezz will chime in.
Have you got a good ground?
Check and clean all connections (pos & neg) from battery to frame,starter,relay and coil.
Check fuses?
Will it start when in gear holding the brake?
Check neutral switch?
Hi,Yea i took ground off the motor that goes to battery and cleaned everything up. All fuses are good. it wont start at all right now cause it has no spark. but it will turn the starter while in gear with or without holding the brake. neutral switch/reverse/park all work when in the gears. I have the manual and printed off the wiring diagrams today so i can mark on them as i go over everything agian just incase i missed something the first time. The wiring diagrams are not clear, ie not good resolution so a little hard to see.
Open to any ideas or suggestions.
Thanks
Cliff

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2001 Kodiak 400 that's doing the same thing haven't figured it out yet anybody got any ideas.

·
Premium Member
10,663 Posts
I have a 2001 Kodiak 400 that's doing the same thing haven't figured it out yet anybody got any ideas.
Welcome from Colorado.
You should start a new thread telling us what is going on, and what you have done to date.
Hell, if the kill switch is pushed the thing will not start......and yes that has been the case sometimes :)
Have you tested the battery?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts