Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I have what is listed above. I have broken three jaw pullers and the hub on the drum brakes has not move any! Suggeation. Am I doing it wrong, does it slide off or unscrew etc...?
15997859688084632962516765054728.jpg
15997860150436968304639661185503.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,658 Posts

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Back off both brake cable adjusters as loose as they will go. The brake drum assembly should then simply slide off once the hub is removed.

That hub should simply slide off on it's own right now. The splines may be rusted, and may require heat from a torch to break the bond. If you use a torch, have a new seal ready to replace it if need be.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you don’t have access to torches buy some aerokroil, spray it on and let it sit . It will creep into the splines. Very very good stuff .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright guys told I would keep you informed the hub came off with use of maco gear puller and electric impact. Need a new hub now lol now onto the brake hub that boy much at all have sprayed with marvel myserty oil see what it does in a day or two. I do not think this thing has been off since the ATV was built

Attachments

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
All that should just slide off easily. The amount of rust on those splines is amazing. It most definitely has never been apart before. Might possibly has seen salt water in its life

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I have it coated in oil will let it sit for a couple of days. I just order all the parts today to replace the hub brake drum seals shoes etc... it is just a soak in oil and waiting game

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Houston we no longer have a pronlem.
12 favors later I found a brake drum puller and it took me longer to setup the puller than it took get it off.
Now clean and wait on new parts to come in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts