Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to all!

I just bought my kids 2 ATV to start riding together this summer for all of us to do something together and get them out of the house lol.

SO its dads turn to get one, and I am looking at used ones for me and found one, its a 2003 Grizzly 660 I am going to look at it Sunday. I have spoke to the owner via text, he is the original owner (bought it new). The owner states it has been ridden but he is very particular about his things, the ATV has been regularly serviced, garage kept and starts every time. He further says its been a great, reliable machine but he wants to upgrade to a newer model with EPS.

The Grizzly is completely stock, no engine mods, but does have full aluminum products skid plates front to back, Warn 2500 winch and STI tires.

It has 3300 miles (is this a lot of mile for a 2003), I didn't get the hours yet. The pics I have look like the bike has been ridden but not beat up from what I can see, looks in good shape for a 2003.

Anything I should really look at in depth, any particular questions I should ask?

I really appreciate any help!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
That's a nice looking Grizzly 660.

Is it the early year or later year 2003 model? The early models had weak axle bars. By mid year 2003, the axle bars were increased. Not a deal breaker. Just something to know.

Inspect the rear diff for movement in the frame and inspect the front driveshaft for worn splines on the engine side coupler.
Again, not a deal breaker but something to look out for.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Check for being sunk... water in oil or engine smoke. Keep in mind if he has put synthetic oil in it it won't smoke but will still stink like burning oil. There are lots of little things to check...brakes , bearings , clutch but if the price is right those things are an easy fix.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure on the year thing, I will be sure I ask, I heard a little something about the axles.

Thanks for the info I am writing all this down so I can look/ ask when I go see it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts