Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 Grizzly 660 won’t start. I charge the battery and the engine won’t even turn over. I jump it with my F-150 and it will turn over, but it won’t start. It doesn’t sound like it’s getting a spark. Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
The first, and best, thing to do is install a new plug. With a used plug spark can be seen yet not be hot enough to fire the engine. Also check the battery cable connections for tightness, you may have a low voltage problem from a loose connection. If everything is tight have the battery load tested, volts can look good with low amps, and amps are the power.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Agree tiny shot of starting fluid will let you know a lot about firing, but sounds like just a simple battery or solenoid switch needs to be cleaned or replaced. New spark plug never hurts but usually not needed.

I recently had to replace the battery and solenoid on one of mine cold weather gets one every time.

X2 what Ridgeway said, check that battery and connections and then again. Clean any spec of corrosion.. Maybe that resolves it,, easy to determine fire, fuel air issues..

Be safe and keep us posted, good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts