Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! So i recently bought a big bear from a guy. It had sat around for the past 3 years or so and was not running. Long story short is that i ended up having to put new gaskets in it and did a rebuild on the carb. Bike will start and fire but once I try to rev up the RPM's, it just wants to die and bog out. Anyone experience this short of problem before?

·
Premium Member
2,121 Posts
Welcome to GC from Tn. Sounds like a fuel delivery problem I'm not sure but if it has a screen in the bottom of the tank but I would check.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Clean the carburetor again. Its best to use a soaking carburetor cleaner like Solder Seal Gunk Carb Medic or Hydro Seal II Parts cleaner. These products break down the varnish in the passages within the carb body that you can't see. Make sure all rubber pieces and gaskets are removed before soaking the carburetor.

Double check float height adjustment. Make sure it did not change after dismantling, cleaning and reassembling the carburetor.

Check the carburetor adapter boot for cracks and tears. This is a common one on bikes of this age.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts