Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado. The truck has the power heated auto dimming mirror and this morning the drivers side just turned a strange purple color. Anyone know what happened? I really hope this thing didn’t go bad on me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
There is a couple things that it could be.
First, make sure none of the photosensors on the dash are covered up. If no light can get to the those photosensors, then the system thinks it's dark outside and will dim the mirrors when the sensor on the inside rear mirror sees light.

If no sensor is covered up, in most cases the mirror has failed and requires replacement. To test it, just disconnect the harness connector to it (it's located under the inside plastic trim by the mirror. If it stays dimmed, the mirror is faulty and requires replacement.

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like the mirror is junk. A replacement from GM is around 3-400 so I guess this 14 year old truck is having a funny colored mirror!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
@Muddobber600, good plan! Leaves more money for the ATV! I don't know where you live, but me being up here in salt country, when my truck reached 13 years old, the frame and lower body was GONE, so mirrors were not of any concern. LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts