Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't know what could be wrong, I bought this 660 a few weeks and it had problems starting so I took it apart to clean the carburetor and resembled it, now it's idling very high and using the choke will cause it to run even higher and cause it to backfire, I wanna guess it might be something to do with the throttle cable or the quad getting to much fuel, any input would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,640 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
I suggest a fuel tune-up including checking the valve lash and adjusting if needed. You might need to adjust the carb, so first get the engine in best tune.

·
Premium Member
12,640 Posts
Anything's possible, I suggest you get it in best tune to then look for other problems.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would double check carb adjustments and also could still be obstructions in the jets area, a grain of sand can do it. Could also be float level, could definitely be leaking air box or intake boot causing issues also. Could also have aftermarket jets in the carb (which could be a pain) lots of variables.
X2 on checking the “engine tune” such as valve adjustments, new plug and maybe double check coil wires also.

More than likely more debris has been sucked up in the carb, if you didn’t add a small inline filter between tank and carb definitely add one of those. Should help prevent future debris

Good luck and keep us posted!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I really don't know what could be wrong, I bought this 660 a few weeks and it had problems starting so I took it apart to clean the carburetor and resembled it, now it's idling very high and using the choke will cause it to run even higher and cause it to backfire, I wanna guess it might be something to do with the throttle cable or the quad getting to much fuel, any input would be appreciated.
You might want to get your spark plugs changed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts