Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Grizzly 660 Special Edition with 2500lb Warn
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I blew a rear left axle over the weekend and I’m gonna do both while I’m at it. Looking for opinions on the best ones to get, or just stick with stock. It’s a 2005 with 663 miles on it. Any opinions welcomed! I will be doing front axles in a few weeks and would take ideas for those as well
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Self-propelled artillery Wheel Combat vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Hair Head Eye Human body Door

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Meant to add, we mainly use it in the farm, moving feed, dragging feilds, assist in clearing and taking the kids for a ride. And I’ll be taking it out a few times a year to do some trails around Wv/VA/NC/TN usually stay on the east/moderate trails and don’t “beat on it” by any means. But want something to handle what we do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thousands of people here and no one has an opinion on a common part? Thought this site would be helpful 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Not just for drooling over each other pics or whatever.

·
Premium Member
9,279 Posts
I replace one 660 axle with OEM
On my 2013 700 I replace both rears with interlake. I only replaced them because the cv's need rebuild and I want a pair of extra axles on the shelf.
I have not had to replace or repair an axle on any of the Kodi's. If I did I would go OEM. I'm planning to buy one front and one back axle for the Kodis for back up when out on vacation.

Note....If you go with Cobra or any other high strength axles the diff becomes the $$$ sacrificial part.

Reactions: wgc

·
Premium Member
2010 Grizzly 700 SE, Warn 3000 XT, RM ATV Locking Heated Grips, Black Boar Cargo Trunk & Foot Pegs,
175 Posts
I would look at the Rocky Mountain ATV axles. About $75 per axle. I've had to replace a few axles on my machine (usually a torn boot, not a broken joint) and these seem to be high quality, especially if you're not mudding or doing heavy hauling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts