Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have found 2 Grizzly 125's that I am considering for my 7 year old son. The 2005 seems to be in near perfect condition and the 2013 is in good condition with a few bumps and bruises. There is a $500 price difference between the two, with the 2013 model being more expensive. My question is are there any major differences between the two model years that I am unaware of. Thank you in advance for any help.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Did a quick search, and looks like the same thing as my daughters 2004 125. I'd say, if there both same shape, '13 is $500 more, I'd say get the newest one....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I was able to do a little research this morning and I cannot find any major differences between those years.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Different stickers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Spark plug numbers changed. Basically the same plugs though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all. I have found 2 Grizzly 125's that I am considering for my 7 year old son. The 2005 seems to be in near perfect condition and the 2013 is in good condition with a few bumps and bruises. There is a $500 price difference between the two, with the 2013 model being more expensive. My question is are there any major differences between the two model years that I am unaware of. Thank you in advance for any help.
Which one did you get? I am looking for a 125, did you notice anything to watch out for?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended getting the 2005 because I felt it was in much better condition and the seller took another $100 off making the total price difference $600. In my household, $600 is a lot. I am actually picking up the ATV on Monday - so no experience with the quad yet.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
They are good tough quads, had 2 of them. They can trail ride right behind the big atvs. No skid plates on them though other then the engine, so be careful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ended getting the 2005 because I felt it was in much better condition and the seller took another $100 off making the total price difference $600. In my household, $600 is a lot. I am actually picking up the ATV on Monday - so no experience with the quad yet.
Sounds like the right choice!

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,513 Posts
Good choice. Your son will love it. Watch him close, though. That's a lot of machine for the average size 7 year old. I sold one a few years ago. They will scoot. Might turn the throttle screw in a few turns to start also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good choice. Your son will love it. Watch him close, though. That's a lot of machine for the average size 7 year old. I sold one a few years ago. They will scoot. Might turn the throttle screw in a few turns to start also.
Absolutely! So far we haven't been able to put many miles on, but I am very impressed with the size of these 125's. Small enough for a child, but my wife can also scoot around on it!

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,513 Posts
Absolutely! So far we haven't been able to put many miles on, but I am very impressed with the size of these 125's. Small enough for a child, but my wife can also scoot around on it!
Well bump this thread up to 10 and get some pics up. Video is even better!:icon_ goofy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts