Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about buying a 2005 grizzly 125, for the kids. My son is 14, daughter is 8. My son has begun riding my 2014 grizzly 700, the 125 would mainly be for my daughter. The pics of it look really good. The asking price is $1250. I was considering an offer of $1000. I am very new to atv's. What do you guys think ? Is the 05 grizzly 125 a good, reliable machine ? I also have an opportunity to buy a 2017 raptor 90, same price range. I'd really appreciate any help.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Im thinking about buying a 2005 grizzly 125, for the kids. My son is 14, daughter is 8. My son has begun riding my 2014 grizzly 700, the 125 would mainly be for my daughter. The pics of it look really good. The asking price is $1250. I was considering an offer of $1000. I am very new to atv's. What do you guys think ? Is the 05 grizzly 125 a good, reliable machine ? I also have an opportunity to buy a 2017 raptor 90, same price range. I'd really appreciate any help.
Your son needs a 450. It would keep pace with your 700 all day long. That would make a nice machine for him. As far as your daughter the 125 would be great for her IMO. I only know the displacement numbers line up. It is a Yamaha so it should be reliable.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Not sure what area you are from, but I am from the Midwest and the last couple 125's I have seen in the area are asking in the low $2,000 price point. This seems high to me. Seems like they must be selling though as they end up dropping of the classifieds. Best suggestion would be to take a look in person as pictures can be hard to judge off of. In person will let you know how it was used and/or abused. Carry cash and if it's the one, go for it. If not, keep looking. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
The Grizzly 125 is basically an updated Yamaha Breeze 125, which was a part of the Yamaha lineup for about 2 decades. That engine and drivetrain is proven reliable.

Now whether it's a better buy is completely up to you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was unable to move on either one until the following day. Missed out on both. I've been searching Craigslist and Facebook for another deal since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts