Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reinstalling the carb, there is one hose I can't figure out where it goes. It looks like a vent line. Anyone know? Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
After reinstalling the carb, there is one hose I can't figure out where it goes. It looks like a vent line. Anyone know? Thanks View attachment 100310
I had to clean the carburetor on m 660 and am having problems locating vent hose locations.Do you have any pics of your bike without the plastic showing vent/hose routing and where the land on each end.Thanks Al Grass Valley,Ca

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok but actually that same hose you show in the photo is one of those I can't find a location for.It looks like 1/4" with the 2 short legs off the tee ~3" long and the long section ~1'.Where did you figure out that thing goes and can you send a pic.Thanks Al anderson

·
Registered
203 Posts
Short hose attaches to left side of carb and other short hose goes thru plastic shield under the gas tank. Long hose just hangs on side of engine. Would guess it is to drain fuel from the carb if the the needle and seat don't seat properly instead of dumping 5 gal of fuel into the crankcase it would dump it on the ground.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Short hose attaches to left side of carb and other short hose goes thru plastic shield under the gas tank. Long hose just hangs on side of engine. Would guess it is to drain fuel from the carb if the the needle and seat don't seat properly instead of dumping 5 gal of fuel into the crankcase it would dump it on the ground.
Ok Thank you for responding.I thought all the carb hoses were in place including the small dia hose on the bleeder port bottom side of carb sealed off from draining with screw.I just bought a new carb and it looks to be set up the same.Anyway I'll take a look.Just to be clear this t'd hose is about 1/4" dia that's in question.The friggin service manual drawings are about worthless

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry I don't, only the one I couldn't find in the diagram
View attachment 100378
Hi again.Here's a pic of the new carb I put on and where I think you are talking the t'd 1/4" hose lands.The OEM carb had a cap on 1 side of the thru hole.The new carb was capped on both sides.The hose looks like it could land on either side and keep 1 side capped.I'm still not convinced I have it right but I can't see any other place for the hose to land.My real problem is while riding the quad it was fine and all of a sudden If you gave it gas it fell flat and wanted to die but idled just fine.I feathered the throttle and it seemed fine and then same thing.I tore the carb down and cleaned it.Put it back on and cleaned the gas tank thinking something from the tank had clogged a carb jet.Same symptoms.Bought a new carb put it on and adjusted the valves.Same problem.I'm thinking it could be the timing.The ignition coil and CDI are new.Any ideas?Also,is there any trick to adjusting the valves.I TDC'd the engine aligned the stationary mark on the case to the 1st mark on the flywheel and adjusted the intake to .13mm exhaust to .18mm and now the tappers are noisy.I read in the forum something about setting to TDC,checking the tappets are closed rotating the engine again and then and then making the adjustment.The exhaust valves are very hard to get at and see what the heck you're doing.I did find using a #2 deck screw with a Robertson square head works great to adjust the tappet.Any help appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts