Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there to the Grizzly Central forums, as you can probably tell i'm new here and i'm also new at owning anything by Yamaha. Recently i purchased a 2005 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 off of a friend and it has quite a few issues, so being that i've never owned a four wheeler before i have no clue how to fix some of the issues and that is why i joined the forums. I figured if anyone could help me, it'd be the people who have spent most of their lives around these things.

So the first concern i have is, the four wheeler isn't stolen but didn't have a title. Is there any way i can get a title for it?

Issue #01; When i turn the steering handlebar, it has some left to right play in it, so i have to turn a bit more to steer than i should have to, otherwise its tight.
Issue #02; It refuses to continue running while idleing, i have to give it gas to keep it running. It also shuts off sometimes when i make a sharp turn.
Issue #03; It has a home made snorkel on it and its just lose and flopping around, id like to fix that back to its original state, i don't need a snorkel.
Issue #04; The "clutch cable" as i call it came out of the handle slightly to where i have to hold the cable in order to use the clutch, i tried to find a replacement assembly (clutch lever and cable) but i can't find anyone online related to a "clutch" other than the clutch disc themselves. What is the assembly called?
Issue #05; It has a mess of wires that i have no idea what goes where, if i popped the front fender off and took a picture, could yall possible tell me where the wires go?

·
Premium Member
12,491 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
You have a mess for sure and pictures will help us help you.
I would start by removing the snorkel system as you are not going to use it, then start looking at the routing of the cables and wires for binding.
Do a full tune-up to get the engine in top performance then replace the parts needed to go back to stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome from Colorado.
You have a mess for sure and pictures will help us help you.
I would start by removing the snorkel system as you are not going to use it, then start looking at the routing of the cables and wires for binding.
Do a full tune-up to get the engine in top performance then replace the parts needed to go back to stock.
Hello there and thanks for the welcome. I've started stripping it down to the frame and i've figured out what most of the wires are for and either fixed or marked off for a later date. I do have one set of wires i will need to get a picture of tomorrow and figure those out. The main thing i'm dealing with now is removing the snorkel system (gotta find out where the original tubing went), fixing the clutch cable (i guess thats what its called) and fixing the front and back breaks. As far as the engine goes, she purs like a kitten at a milk pail. Just gotta do some minor adjustments and that should fix the idling issue if i recall correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts