Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Yamaha Bruin that never really ran right. Decided to pull it out of the garage and do something with it. After cleaning out the mice nest, I checked spark.(ok) checked fuel flow to the carb (ok) , then noticed that the carb boot to intake pipe was separated. Guys, I am stumped as there appears to be no clamp holding the rubber boot to the intake pipe. I am baffled. How does the carb attache to the engine as it appears that it just rests against the pipe without any clamp, etc. There is a clamp on the carb side of the boot but nothing on the intake side. PLEASE HELP. I cannot imagine that Yamaha would not secure the boot to the intake pipe. Thank You all

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
What side of the intake are you talking about? Between the carb and cylinder head or between carb and airbox?

The carb / airbox boot is clamped at both ends.

The carb to cylinder head boot is clamped on the carb side, but bolted to the cylinder head using 2 bolts. These usually fail and separate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What side of the intake are you talking about? Between the carb and cylinder head or between carb and airbox?

The carb / airbox boot is clamped at both ends.

The carb to cylinder head boot is clamped on the carb side, but bolted to the cylinder head using 2 bolts. These usually fail and separate.
It is the connection between the rubber boot and the intake tube. It appears that there should be a clamp or some kind of mechanical connection I am trying to attach a picture with a yellow arrow showing the point of failure. I hope my pics shows clearly the interface that I am talking about. Perhaps this is the point of failure as I just do not see how the carb and boot should just rest up against the intake tube without some sort of mechanical connection. Thank You so much for your advice.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
That carburetor adapter boot requires replacement. There is no other clamp supposed to be in it. It is a molded rubber and metal peice, with the only clamp being on the carburetor end once the carb is installed.

Look at any online parts diagrams under "Intake" diagram. You'll see a picture of it with part numbers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You Dezz. You help is very valuable I will order the new part

That carburetor adapter boot requires replacement. There is no other clamp supposed to be in it. It is a molded rubber and metal peice, with the only clamp being on the carburetor end once the carb is installed.

Look at any online parts diagrams under "Intake" diagram. You'll see a picture of it with part numbers.
[/QUOTE

·
Premium Member
10,180 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Keep us posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts