Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm looking at a starter atv to get into the passtime and i see a 2006 bruin for a decent price. I'm 6'2 and 240lbs so want to make sure it will handle me no problem. Just want it for running a few trails and maybe taking my young kids on the back for a trek. I figure if it works out well and i get a lot of use I'll look at investing more money and buying something newer. Whats it worth? This one is 2200 CDN. Also will it fit onto the truckbed of a dodge ram or will i need a trailer? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
My dad has a 2005 bruin. It would be ok as a starter bike, for anyone. However, throwing your kids on the back and going on an adventure ain't gonna happen. It's a small, do all, go-most places 4 wheeler. However, it's small. Your not gonna put huge tires on it and enjoy it, your not gonna ride wheelies over humps in the road like a 660 or 700. I own a 350 grizzly, same thing pretty much. I don't have kids, I use mine for hog hunting and work around the place and deer hunting, and I don't let people ride with me It's a small utility atv. And it's great at doing utility work in off road places. For a grown man who wants to take his kids along, a 660 can be had for around the same price that hasn't been swamped, that's the one I would go for.

Just don't get it and think, oh man this is what atv riding is like??? A 660 or 700 is a complete different species from that 350, but remember...along with more power and speed come bigger hospital bills.

Reactions: halper902

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently sold my 2005 Yamaha Bruin 350 4x4 with 10,000km for $3,500 CDN. That being said it was probably not worth that but depending on the shape id say 2200$ is a pretty good deal. When i sold it last year i was 6'2 probably 150lbs and 16. It is quite a beast and ive always kept up with the 700's. As for carrying a passenger you will be fine i would double my friends on the back of mine with know problem and most of them are bigger than me. The bruin will for sure fit in the back of your truck as mine fit in the back of my dads 2013 f-150 short box with the tailgate down.

·
Premium Member
10,180 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Give it a try and find out what needs to be different for the next bike.
It may fill the bill for a couple season.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well did you ever get it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well did you ever get it?
Actually ended up getting a suzuki eiger 400 4x4. It had a trailer and a good price so i went for it. The yamaha was sold around the same time. Not sure if i'm welcome here anymore? Lol. I'm looking for another atv now for a female friend so i might be back in the club :)

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts